006

Chapter Six: "questionable fundraiser"⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁

Chapter Six:
"questionable fundraiser"
⌁₊˚⊹ ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹ ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹ ⊹˚₊⌁

THERE is something seriously up with Hazel today. Calliope isn't sure what it is, but she's fairly certain that something is definitely wrong. It all started with a text she sent Calliope early that morning, telling her that she'd rather ride the bus to school today.

And while that might have hurt her feelings a smidge, she was mostly concerned for the dark brunette and wondering why she didn't want a ride. She thought back to yesterday and she figured she must've just had a bad sleep,

She's been oddly quiet in their class periods together, and only speaks to her during partner assignments when they have to work together. Her already pale complexion pales even more whenever Jeff comes anywhere near her line of sight. She barely touched her food at lunch, which wasn't even her own that she always brings with her. And Calliope's had to constantly keep waking her up in class so she doesn't get scolded for sleeping.

By the end of the day as the final bell rings, her concern has skyrocketed.

But she doesn't know how to approach Hazel about her strange behavior. She doesn't want her to feel like she has to tell her anything, not if she doesn't want to talk about it. She told Hazel that she'd be there for her no matter what the other day, all she could do is hope that when she's ready she'll feel comfortable enough to tell her what's going on.

As she stuffing her belongings into her backpack, she feels her phone buzz in her back pocket. Her brows wrinkled as she reached for her yellow phone, she sees a few messages coming in from PJ at the top of her lock screen.

From Peej:

Just a heads up, the fight club is postponed for the fundraiser we're doing at Stella Rebecca's car showing today.

P.s. Bring your old underwear, this is coming from Stella btw.

No, I don't know why. Don't ask.

Calliope's brows shot to her hairline in sheer bewilderment, her fingers fly on the keyboard at practically lightning speed.

From Cal:

Old underwear??? Wtf.

Not fucking happening, but I'll be there.

Send me the address.

The bottle blonde slips her phone into her pocket as disgust covered her features, they have to bring their underwear? What the fuck does Stella Rebecca need old underwear for? Just as she slammed her locker shut and hiked her bag strap over her shoulder, she got another text that she assumed was from PJ. As she pulls out her phone while she walks down the hall, she finds out she was very wrong in her assumption.