Chapter 4

Valentina's Pov

By the time I reached home ,  I had decided my plan of action. First I was going to change into comfy hoodie , then from the cabinet I am going to take my favourite snack, then I am going to put on a disney movie and enjoy it. My mom worked at the hospital and her shift ended at 10 pm so she probably won't be home before midnight, so I decided to work on the excuse about what happened to my hand later and entered the house. 

In this all amazing planning I missed one thing , nothing in my life has gone according to plan . So yeah as I entered the house , I was surprised and not surprised at the same time to find my mom sitting on the couch watching some movie. As the door closed my mom's attention went to me. 

"Hi honey how was school" My mom asked and I just did a little shrug and sat beside her. 

"So it was not a good day?" My mom said. I just nodded and put my head on her lap . She chuckled and started running fingers through my hair. I was going to fall asleep when my mom's panicked voice woke me up " oh my, what happened to your hand" 

"um chemistry accident?" I said unsure of my answer. 

"Are you asking me or telling me " My mom asked still panicked and took a look at my hand. 

"I am telling you don't worry , I went to medical room and patched it up" I told her. Well that wasn't technically a lie. 

"Are you sure ? Does it hurt ? Do you want me to take look at it ?" My mom asked concerned.

"Nah mom, I am fine but tell me what are you doing home so early ?" I asked deciding to change the topic. My mom's demeanor changes as I asked the question , she grew nervous.

"Um so I have to tell you something" She said nervously. Okay now her nervousness was putting me on edge. 

"Yes?" I asked with little edge in my voice. 

"So there's this guy we are dating , he lives here and I just wanted you to know that" My mom finished nervously. What the fuck, literally what the fuck , I thought of every single worst case scenario to find my mom has a boyfriend. 

"Okay, I am happy for you" I say unsure what to say.  

"Wait is this the reason we moved here?" I asked 

"No, I just got a better job opportunity here and he just happened to be settled here" My mom said . Sus. 

" So if everything works out we might get married" My mom said. I shot up from her lap and looked at her wide eyed. No I can't agree to the marriage at least not so early. 

Seeing my reaction my mom said "Hey we are not getting married to tomorrow , he has children and so do I. We just want you to know marriage is there in future if everything works out and you children get along." 

"Oh, I am sorry for my reaction it's just , I love you , I really do but marriage would have been  such a big change and I freaked out, I am sorry." I say feeling guilty for my reaction. 

"Honey it's okay I don't expect you to be okay with this suddenly ; we have decided to have a family meet up on saturday, If it is okay with you I will say yes " My mom said .

"Yes I am okay with it." I say without thinking twice, I don't want to disappoint her. 

"You sure?" My mom asks looking at me trying to find any hesitancy on my face. 

"Yes" I say determined.

" I love you, I will go tell him" My mom said. 

" What that you love me" I say. Yes I ended up with a pillow on my face. 

As I watch my mom talking to the guy on the other end of the call looking so happy and free, I just know that I can't come between her happiness. Not again.