Chapter 12

"Valentina are you alright , boys told me you were disturbed by the fight today"

Valentina chocked on the water she was drinking. She looked up to all eyes on her , she gave a awkward smile and met her mother's confused eyes. "What fight?" Her mother asked confused. 

"Um there was small fight in school today and like the boys were bleeding so you know I got little scared." Valentina say. "Little you were c-" Ethan was cut off by Lucas sneakily pinching him and Valentina glaring at him. 

Everyone in the room could tell Valentina didn't want to talk about it and the way Mrs. White was giving Valentina concerned glances , they knew there was more to the reaction than they lead on. There was now an awkward silence in the room with Mrs. White staring at the Valentina and Valentina staring at the floor . 

The silence was broken by Mr. Rossi clearing his throat and saying, "Dinner is ready." He cringed at himself when all eyes dropped on him because what the fuck their is a free drama and all that man cares was about food.

 Mr . Rossi looking at the still concerned expression of Mrs . White took her hand and led her to garden deciding to tell her the truth about the situation as he didn't want Christina to misunderstood his son as some violent kids who were bad influence for her daughter. 

While they went outside, Valentina finally looked up at glared at the three youngest Rossi. "Listen this is the first and the last time you discuss my business, you dare talk about how I behave or react in front of my mom and make her concerned , I swear I will become your worse nightmare." Valentina said with such coldness in her voice that all the Rossi brothers were shocked, they have worked with many emotionless, cold people but none of it shocked them more that this , even Elijiah having his worst episode didn't sound cold as this. 

Alexander tried to kindly explain, " we were just concerned about you-"

"YOU DON'T GET TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT ME." Valentina shouted making half of them flinch from sudden shouting. 

"Don't shout at him, what he did was out of concern which you apparently don't deserve, next time even if you are dying we will make sure not to be concerned about you." Sebastian said with a calm cold voice, the warmth , the welcoming vibe he always had for Valentina was gone replaced with protectiveness for his brother.

 Valentina felt a pang in her chest hearing his sentence. She knew she was out of line and felt guilty but she couldn't bring herself to apologise and just scoffed at Sebastian in return. Theodore who was angry about disrespect about his brother was going to say something when Gabriel and Christina entered the room. Christina looked troubled but they choose not to comment and went to the dinning room to have dinner. 

There was awkward silence in the dining room and when the deserts came it was broken by Gabriel, "Guys me and Chris have some news to share."

Everyone now had their attention on the couple already having a idea what it was about. "Me and  Christina have decided to get married." 

There was a silence for a moment and then everyone was hugging and congratulating the soon to be married couple. After everyone congratulated the couple, Sebastian asked, " so when is the wedding." 

"We are thinking end of this month." 

"WHAT , END OF THIS MONTH?" Ethan said panicking, "there are so many preparations to be done, what about food , dress , place we have decided on nothing and you are telling us now!!" 

Ethan was the party planner of the family, he enjoyed planning his loved ones birthdays, good days , success so it was natural for him to be panicking about this. After calming Ethan down by telling  he could take one week off for preparation of wedding he finally calmed down.

 Now it was time for White's to go back, they were saying goodbyes when Christina said, "Val, go ahead I coming in a minute."

Valentina who was emotionally exhausted today didn't comment and went ahead, when Valentina was gone, she looked at all the men in the room and said, " I know you guys are concerned about Val's safety and thank you for it but she cannot know about this. She is a kid , I don't want her to be walking on eggshells, hope you guys understand. Till she is safe let her be , if something happens to her I will tell her about your mafia myself but right now let her be, let her be a kid." Christina said with a desperation in her voice. 

The boys felt something in their heart, they could feel the concern of the mother and they couldn't help but nod at her. They elder brothers remembered how their mother always tried to keep them away from  mafia life but there situation didn't allow it.

Christina smiled at them , grateful and after wishing them good night left with Valentina happy that her daughter wasn't going to be forced into that life again.

A/N : Thank you for the 3.18k reads!!!!!

 I am not really satisfied with this chapter cause I don't know if I portrayed their emotions perfectly. I had scenes but couldn't find appropriate words. That's why this chapter took so long , I have been writing this chapter for days. 

Hope you guys like the chapter, pls vote and comment!!