Chapter 13

"You may kiss the bride." I hear as I am looking at my mother and step-father with little teary  eyes. I was so happy for them. They looked so good together, like match made in heaven and the love they were looking at each other with, is the reason I believe in  love. They looked like a power couple.

Everyone starts clapping as they kiss. Soon food is served and everyone is chatting up with one another and eating the food. I am sitting at the corner in the back as the only people I know here are my mom and Rossi family. Mom and Mr. Rossi are meeting the guests, and since my little blow up at the dinner the brothers are cold towards me. 

Finally done with boredom I decide to go to the food section and see what they are serving. Seeing all the yummy food I don't know what to eat. I decide to have cake first. I am enjoying the cake when Alexander comes and stands beside me. 

"Hey" He says hesitantly 

"Hi." I say giving him an awkward smile.

"You looked lonely so I thought you know." He says doing a little shrug in the end. Aww he wanted to give me company.

"Aww you wanted to give me a company." I say voicing my thoughts , smiling at him brightly. He looks little awestruck, in a daze by my smile but soon matches it with his own. 

"Yeah I did at the end day we are now a family and we can't just keep on ignoring each other, we are going to stay with each other and see each other daily, so let's start new." Alexander says giving me a soft smile and bringing his hand in front for a handshake.

"Sure Alex." I say shaking his hand and calling him by the nickname that everyone calls him by. He smiles at me and we start a pretty chill conversation.

I was enjoying talking to him, I was getting the sense of comfort which I only got from my mother. We were having randomest conversation ever like now we were debating about 'Team Captain America or Team Iron Man.' He for the reason I know not, supported Team Captain America, like he had pretty decent points but still, Team Iron Man all the way baby.

We were interrupted when Lucas came at us, " Alex what are you doing talking to her." Luc-ass asked him angrily.

"Well having a decent conversation." I say before Alex could answer.

"Did I ask you ?" Lucas said glaring at me .

"Well you interrupted our conversation." I said glaring back at him. 

"Alex why are you talking to him?" Lucas says pointing at me.

Before I could answer back Alex says, "We are a family now Lucas, let's forget the past and start new, are you guys seriously going to ignore the whole time we are living together." 

"YES" Me and Lucas say at the same time, looking at each other surprised that we agree on something.

Alex looks at us with disappointed frown. Seeing him disappointed at me didn't sit well with me so I said, "we will try for you though." I say softly and then glaring at Lucas to agree. He also nods his head in urgency as he also hated the frown.

After that Alex took me and Lucas  go to the table where all the brothers were sitting . There also I was welcomed with cold shoulder though a frown form Alex and a lecture it made everyone to be decent towards me. 

Later we had dinner, that time also Alex tried his best to get me involved in the conversation and make his brothers have conversation with me. The brothers were not hostile to me as before, they also did try to have a conversation but at the end we ended up in awkward silence. I felt like laughing at our situation, the boys never had a female figure for at least decade now, how much I know even there mother was out of picture when they were kids and me I never had male figure, like I had but apparently all male were not like my male figure. 

Now sitting at the table having small conversations not knowing how to treat each other correctly. I smile looking down, little hopeful about my future.

Maybe marriage was a good change.