Chapter 9

After the talk on the rooftop me and the boys have mostly ignored each other. In school even if  we make eye contact we just roll our eyes and look the other way, at dinners I concentrate on enjoying the food and ignoring the brothers. 

Today is the 5th family dinner in 3 weeks and this one is special because this time dinner it is at Rossi's house and the way my mom is excited and always giggling to herself like a teenage girl is enough for me to know that soon we both won't be alone. 

Currently first time in my life I am early to school and I am walking in the corridor when I see a large crowd formed in the hallway and whimpers, cries coming from whatever they have formed crowd around. I go at the front and I am shocked to see Lucas, Ethan and Alexander beating the shit out of 5 guys. Though the five guys in the ground are buffier and more in number than those three they are pleading for mercy. 

"Please let us go"

"We are sorry"

"It hurts"

"No more please" 

Hearing them plead a memory which I had forced myself to forget comes back in full force, "Papa please no more", "I am sorry , I won't do it again" , "Papa no". Before I know they are teardrops falling from my eyes and I am so lost at the memory that I flinch when I make a eye contact with Ethan .

Ethan looks at me concerned and then whispers something to Lucas and Alexander. They both stop beating those boys immediately. Them stopping beating the shit out of them was worse cause the way those boys laid groaning, bleeding, crying and the way no one was helping them made me want to vomit , I couldn't take this anymore and I ran to washroom. 

Ethan's Pov 

I whisper to Lucas and Alexander to stop the beating . I don't know why but seeing that little girl cry made me concerned about her. I see Valentina running away with tears in her eyes , the urge to comfort her was strong but I ignored it. Done with the crowd formed I shout " don't you have classes to go to or do you want to join them". 

The crowd goes away ,I hear Alexander telling the men which we have placed in school to take the groaning boys in basement.  "Why the fuck did you say to stop" Lucas asks pissed , yes he has anger issues. 

"Valentina was crying." I say without any emotion cause I honestly don't know what I was feeling. I was confused, why was I concerned about tears of a girl I met month ago. Hearing my answer I get the reaction I was expecting "Are you serious you made us stop because that girl couldn't handle little blood." 

I didn't answer because I also don't know why I had done that I just listened to Lucas shouting at  me.  Lucas was interrupted by Alex "Guys  Valentina crying is not good"

"Don't tell me you care about that girl" Lucas says pissed.

"No I don't but with where our family dates are leading there are chances she will soon join our family and from her reaction she is unaware about our family business ."Alexander says.

I also frown cause this was not good , Alex was right in our business  you are can't live your life you have to survive. This clueless girl will be ruined to pieces if she is this scared of little blood. 

Surprisingly Lucas agrees with Alexander "You are right she should be aware about our family. We will talk to dad and others today before dinner, we cannot have another innocent blood on our hands." Lucas voice cracks by the end. He just takes deep breath and goes to his class leaving me and Alex alone. 

I also say goodbye to Alex and go to my class thinking about the talk we are going to have with our dad and brothers.