Chapter 11

Valentina's Pov

Me and my mom are now in the car going to the dinner. I can see my mother stealing concerned glances at me while driving. "Mom eyes on the road, I am fine but I won't be if you keep stealing glances at me.

"Val you know right you can share anything with me" My mom says. Yes my mom noticed how pale and freaked out I looked today and is on my case since I came back from school. 

"Yes mom I know, it was just a exhausting day and I have a little headache." My mom frowns hearing my answer and says ,"you know right we can reschedule this dinner if you are not feeling well, I have no problem."

"No mom no need it is just a headache and I feel this dinner is going to be special so don't want to miss it". I say giving mom a teasing smile. 

Hearing my comment mom blushes a little ,"Um you noticed? You are okay with this right? Is it too soon for you ?" My mom asks with concern.

"No mom, I am ready don't worry." I say assuring her. After that there is a comforting silence in the car and we reach the Rossi's after 15 more minutes.

Damn the Rossi's are filthy rich , that is not a house that they live in that is whole damn mansion .Me and mom reach the big ass door and ring the bell. The door is opened by a polished man in his 60's. 

"Good morning miss and madam , I will show you the way to the living room where everyone is sited" The old man says making us follow him. 

Me and mom enter the living room and as he said everyone was in the living room looking at us. I don't really care about the people , I was looking at the big living room which was 4 times bigger than our whole house. The interior was magnificent , it screamed old money , while I was looking at interior I made eye contact with Alexander and unintentionally flinched remembering what happened today. As I broke the eye contact I could see concern and guilt in eyes but I decided to shake it off and look elsewhere only to see Elijiah also looking at me with same concern but I think I was mistaken cause as soon as I made eye contact with Elijiah his eyes turned blank cold. Sighing I just decided to look at my mother.

We sat on the couch and my mom being the social creature she is started talking with others while I sat on the couch silently looking at others. The glances I was getting in between conversation , gave me a feeling they knew what happened today. I just prayed they don't mention anything in front of my mother but like all my prayers this one also went unheard cause Mr. Rossi  asked,

"Valentina are you alright , boys told me you were disturbed by the fight today"