Prologue - The Omnic Crisis

In the year 2016, the Omnica Corporation was able to produce the first intelligent omnics; Robots that were governed by self improving software algorithms. The goal was to achieve economic equality. This achievement marked a big step in robotic manufacturing and soon Omniums were constrcuted; Massive automated factories built in several nations producing a great number of omnics. For a period of time the economy stabilized and it was beginning to prosper. However, the Omnica Corporation unable to meet up with worldwide demands and was missing deadlines. Soon, the company faced fraud charges and declared bankruptcy. Omniums were decommissioned and the active omnics in the world still remained functional following their specified programing.

Years later, no one has the exact date, several omniums accross the world reactivated and began building armies of military grade, which were deployed without warning or mercy against nations of the world. Previous Omnica Corporation researchers were questioned and interrogated for answers that they didn't have. The Bastion Seige Automaton model B73 was the standard model being deployed by the omniums along with some OR14 Idina Line. The automatons sought to destroy any and all human life in its path. This is how the Omnic crisis began. Russia was one of the first countries to be massively impacted by it. They responded by developing giant human piloted mechs called Syvatagors. Soon the rest of the world followed in developing their own weaponized mechs to face this new threat. However, the self-improving algorithms at the heart of the omniums allowed them to adapt to and counter each individual nation's measures; no country alone could effectively fight back against the omnics.

When the countries' individual self-defense programs proved to be failing, the united nations developed a small, experimental task force called Overwatch made of humans, omnics and intelligent beings. The strike team consisted of multiple individuals with super abilities and strengths; Winston was a highly intelligent gorilla and a brilliant scientist. Jack Morrison, aka soldier: 76, a genetically enhanced human who is a great combatant with excellent adaptive and healing qualities. Gabriel Reyes, aka soldier: 24, another genetically enhanced human with superhuman speed, strength, and agility. Reinhardt is a highly decorated crusader and soldier that lives by the codes of valor, justice, and courage. Ana Amari is one of the world's deadliest snipers with a cybernetic eye.

Over the course of the Crisis, the Overwatch team targeted and dismantled omniums, quarantined , destroyed and disassembled nearly all Bastion units. The research team continued to look into the data gathered by the strike team but to no explanation as to why this war started. However, hope was not lost; with the whole world's support and Overwatch's extraordinary abilities, they were able to concentrate on the omnic command and control infrastructures. Overwatch was able to render most of the omnic forces inert and secure victory for humanity.

The war has taken a great toll on humanity. The Overwatch strike force has lost some of its own members when stabilizing the world after the crisis like soldier 24, Soldier 76 and Ana. The world was eternally indebted to Overwatch. The crisis will forever be remembered in history along with the brave team that stood to fight against all odds.

The end of the war did not mean that all omnics were destroyed. Communities of fully-sentient omnics were born. The world had questions about the origin of their consciousness and as a result unrest continued around the globe. Overwatch was eventually disbanded and the world was left to fend for itself.