Chapter 8 - High Noon

The Calaveras Bar, which stands for Skulls in Spanish, at Tucson Arizona hosted a Halloween party last night and Jesse Mcree, who loves to drink, was at the bar for the booze. The party lasted all night long with drinks everywhere and a few drunken brawls. It was hilarious for Mcree to see people dressed in costumes fighting among themselves. Because he is a heavy drinker, he woke up the next morning drooling on one of the tables in a corner booth. He is a middle-aged man with tan skin and shoulder length-brown hair. Even though it's unusual for him, he did dress up for last night's party and was wearing a Van Helsing outfit with a black leather trench coat, shoulder strap with ammunition and a black cowboy hat. Underneath the outfit, he is wearing a silver armor and a left prosthetic arm. The events of last night are still foggy but he does remember shooting at some bottles in a Mexican standoff and saying the phrase "it's Full Moon" just to match his outfit.

 The events of last night are still foggy but he does remember shooting at some bottles in a Mexican standoff and saying the phrase "it's Full Moon" just to match his outfit

He propped his head up and noticed that on the table below his arm was a piece of paper folded in half. He shook his head in attempt to wake himself up but it just gave him a headache. He grunted and opened the letter and gave a quick read before folding it and putting in his pocket. He picked up a bottle that was on the table and raised it only to realize it was empty. He needed something to quench his thirst. He grunted as he realized he need to get up to get some before a glass suddenly slid across the table. Mcree picked up the glass and nodded "much obliged" before taking a sip.

Halfway through his sip he realized that no one was ahead of him. He started coming to and looked around to find a clock on the wall that pointed to 9:00 in the morning. He was 2 hours late for a meeting he has set up to gather intel. He grunted and took another sip from the glass when a figure appeared from thin air across his table.

"What's good cowboy?" said the figure.

She is a young Mexican woman with a slender build and tan skin. She has dark hair but has a pink wig on that's shaved on one side. Her face is dyed with green in what Mcree understood to be a celebration of the day of the dead. She's wearing a black ombre suit under a black and purple coat with wide collar. Mcree spilled a bit of his water from the surprise but tried to keep his composure.

"Heh, did I scare you?"

"Not exactly... thanks for the water but... who are you?"

"Me? I'm a nobody. But also, somebody with information"

"Hmm I'm guessing you are the one they refer to as Sombra? Can't say I'm convinced" Mcree said as he looked at her dissatisfied.

"Jesse Mcree... or should I say Cole Cassidy, since that's your real name. I see Blackwatch hasn't really been good to you" she said as she pointed at his metal arm.

Mcree's eyebrow shot up in surprise of hearing his real name and hearing the name of the covert ops division of Overwatch that was never public information. A few seconds passed before his eyebrow's rested again and he believed she is who she says she is. Sombra is a well-known hacker that works in the shadows. No one really knows anything about her or her background. She has hacked corporations, politicians, and even governments. Modern day hacking devices are obsolete compared to her cybernetic hacking prosthetics. She is excellent at gathering intel but the cost of information is never free. Mcree took a look around the bar to see several people passed out and none that would be able to overhear their conversation. He also knew that Sombra would have been careful not to have her information overheard. He tried to move his prosthetic arm closer to his revolver but his arm was refusing to move. He looked up to see her left hand in a peculiar position in the air. He realized she has hacked his prosthetic.