Chapter 16 - The Calm Before The Storm

The Heathrow airport in London is extremely busy on this sunny day, which is pretty normal for this time of the year. Everyone is traveling for a vacation or to see their families for Christmas and new year's. It is very fitting that Mei finally arrives at this time of the year. It feels like the Overwatch family is getting together for the holidays. Winston and Tracer were both at the airport waiting eagerly for her to arrive. Since Overwatch has still got some privileges, they are allowed to land their private jump jet and wait for Mei at a secluded spot away from the public eyes and main arrivals section. They've already discussed with Mei where they would be and how to get to them. All that was left was for the guest of honor to arrive. That was Tracer's hardest challenge yet; she was not able to wait in place. With every plane that landed, she gets excited and blinks all around only to realize that it's not Mei's plane. Even though she knew exactly the time that plane would land, she still couldn't help keep it together. Winston, on the other hand, knows how to kill time and is sitting on some cargo boxes and reading a book about shield generation while munching on some bananas with his feet. Behind him, is a pile of Banana peels that he keeps adding new peels to. As he finishes one Banana, he opens one of the boxes and pulls out a new one to devour. With every plane that lands, a breeze of wind passes them that Winston simply enjoys. The weather wasn't too cold and the sun did help in keeping them warm.

"How are you so calm, Winston!?" Tracer asked as she nudged his shoulder

"Hmmm. The plane doesn't land for another 15 minutes. Why not just have a banana while we enjoy the breeze?" He replied as another plane landed.

"Uggh. I can't keep waiting! Someone responded to our Recall! They are coming. And oh my! It's Christmas tonight. We can spend dinner together!" She said with an excited tone but immediately went still. "Oh no, we didn't shop for anything for Christmas! I was too busy preparing for a welcome home party I didn't think about getting..." She continued mumbling to herself.

Winston only laughed in response. It has been a long time since he saw Tracer this happy. Her excitement has always brought joy to the team. Winston hopes more people return to Overwatch and have this mood last a little longer.

Mei's plane was finally visible in the distance as its wheels touched the runway and landed safely. It took a turn at the end of the runway before finally reaching its parking position. The passengers were departing the plane onto the mobile passenger boarding stairs. A security guard was standing at the end of the steps directing the passengers to get on the bus. A few minutes later, the guard directed a passenger wearing a blue coat to the side and helped her onto a small vehicle. They drove toward the Overwatch hanger where Tracer and Winston were eagerly waiting. The passenger got out of the vehicle and got her backpack from the pack. She was still hidden from Tracer's eyes. When the truck moved away, Mei was standing there waving. She waved at them from a distance as she was a bit shy. Tracer, on the other hand, immediately ran towards Mei to greet her. Tracer thought that blinking over to her might spook Mei, since they had never met before.