Chapter 13 - New Blood

"When did you realize it was me?" Ana asked.

"As soon as I read the letter. Ana Amari, one of the few people in this world who could ever draw a bead on me" McCree replied.

McCree met up with Ana in the Necropolis after she said her goodbyes to Mercy. They talked through the night. They both thought to themselves that they must have changed a lot since the downfall of Overwatch. However, sitting together and having a laugh makes it feel like a distant dream. It's like they are back with family. Like it's the most natural thing in the world. Maybe that is the way things ought to be. But dreams always come to an end. Ana broke the silence and asked the question.

 Ana broke the silence and asked the question

"The recall to overwatch. You're going back, aren't you?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. What about you? I see trouble has found you already" McCree pointed out.

"There is word that Talon got their hands on Overwatch intel and is now taking out former agents as the Recall order came out."

"All the more reason to return don't you think?"

"Perhaps its best memories stay buried. It's time for my generation to move on." She said as she looked down onto the table.

"Overwatch will need leaders, people like you to get back in the fray," said McCree as he is trying to raise her spirit.

"You haven't made up your mind either. I know your road wasn't easy. Deadlock Gang. Blackwatch. Taking orders right or wrong. You're doing mercenary work now-"

"We could've caught up like this online. Don't get me wrong I'm glad you're alive. And I'm glad I came to help out when it was needed. But why did you want me here in here?" McCree interrupted her with a serious tone.

"Come I'll show you," Ana sighed as she stood up and silently walked to a nearby room lit by a large computer screen.

McCree walked in and took a glance at the screen analyzing the data shown. "You weren't kidding about Talon. They have a massive network globally. What are they after though?"

"It's difficult to tell what yet. Here. I have FILES for you." She said as she plugged a USB into the console. "Details. Data about the global threats I've been monitoring and more. All this danger and diversity threatens to swallow up a lot of people. But the same heat that melts iron forges steel. It forges heroes, there are exceptional people out there. Fighting hard. But they are disorganized, each in their own corner of the globe. Capable of more than they know. You can show them how to fight a winning battle, together. Someone has to show them. And I believe that someone is you."

McCree stood staring at the screen that showed individuals from Russia and Korea. Pharah was even in the files.

"I don't know Ana. I'm a gunslinger. A mercenary. What makes you think they will listen to me?"

"You convinced helix security, the world's most stubborn organization, to listen and come to our aid."

He scoffed. "If I do this, I'm leaving behind what Overwatch was, who I was-"