Chapter 7 - The Crusader's Oath

It was late afternoon when Reinhardt stopped a local gang in Brandenburg, Germany with Brigitte, his goddaughter. This gang was taking residence at Eichenwald Castle and preying on nearby towns. Reinhardt was disgusted at this gang's activities and took it upon himself to do something. He and Brigitte rid the area of these scum and are now sitting inside a small bar with the name Braueret Mittagskrug, which is abandoned and outside the castle. The bar stands inside still had a few bottles and metal tankards here and there. A few wine barrels appear to be on the side, most likely empty, and some long wooden bench tables that are either broken or chipped with a few wooden stools on the side. This place has not been tended to for a while as it is dusty and broken wood is everywhere.

"Reinhardt. come on, armor off... You're bleeding from somewhere obviously" she said as she pointed to the trail of blood behind him.

Reinhardt grunted in response as he started dismantling the armor top, he is wearing. He started off with his metal gloves, brace and then shoulder pieces and dropped each onto the ground as they made large thuds. His chest piece was the heaviest of all as it contains the suits power source in the front and thrusters at the back, which provide him the ability to charge at enemies. He wears the classical armor of the Crusaders who were a military order of modern knights aligned with the German Armed Forces that was disbanded after their retreat in the battle of Eichenwald over 20 years ago. Reinhardt's full armor suit of the Crusaders resembles Medieval knights. They are equipped with rocket hammers and barrier shields; the latter of which are used to provide cover for soldiers and to advance under fire. After taking his armor off, he was now in his green trousers and white tank top, which is now blood red on the back. He took it off and sat down on a wooden stool giving his back to Brigitte.

Reinhardt took a big sigh and said "I'm not as young and strong as I used to be."
He reached into his pocket and pulled out an overwatch medal, which held beautiful memories that came with terrible losses and pain.

Brigitte was standing behind him with a box that looks like a makeshift med kit. She took out a needle and thread as she examined the wound on his back. She had a bottle of whiskey that she got from the bar and was about to use it to disinfect the wound before she handed it to Reinhardt to take a sip to numb the pain that he is about to feel. When she got a glimpse at his facial expression and the medal in his hand, she grabbed it and tossed it onto the table while saying "all the more reason you need to stop thinking about Overwatch and Winston's Recall".

"I know. I know. It's just nice to remember the good old days, even if they may bring pain" He replied.

He took a gulp and handed the bottle back to her to carry on with the task. He did not even flinch to the burning sensation of the alcohol nor the needle. She was not surprised as his back is filled with scars of previous wounds he got from battles. Though Overwatch was disbanded, Reinhardt was not content to sit idly by while the world fell to disorder. He continued donning his Crusader armor, and vowed to fight for justice across Europe like a knight of old, defending the innocent and winning hearts and minds with the promise of better days to come. In this he was now accompanied by an adult Brigitte. The pair would journey throughout Europe in a modified 16-wheeler vehicle while getting into numerous scraps and, day by day, she was forced to tend to Reinhardt in addition to his armor. While his body was breaking down from years of combat, his enthusiasm wasn't. People would be amazed to see that Reinhardt is in his sixties and standing at 7'4 feet with a great muscular physique. She finished stitching up the wound and handed him another clean tank top from his bag.

 She finished stitching up the wound and handed him another clean tank top from his bag