Chapter 10 - Ghosts

(Attention readers, some changes were made to the prologue to fit the actual lore of Overwatch. the Omnic crisis ended 30 years ago. Overwatch disbanded 5 years ago. Tracer and Mercy were not involved in the Omnic crisis as they were too young. Jesse Mcree was also not part of the strike team in the Omnic crisis. They all joined after the war ended by some years) Changes were made 28 Nov 2023

-------Chapter starts here--------

My dearest Fareeha,

Every mother hopes for a better world for her daughter. I was willing to fight and die for that cause. I taught you that there is nothing more important than protecting the ones you love. You grew up surrounded by heroes. They filled your head with stories of adventure and dreams of glory. One day, you wanted to join them. But this was not the life I wanted for you. I never told you of the weight I carry from all those I've killed to keep everyone safe. I always did what was asked of me. Until one day, I could not take the life I needed to. I hesitated and everything changed. The people whom I was supposed to protect died and I was left behind gravely wounded. The world believed I was dead. I thought perhaps that was for the best. I've lost so much in my life. I've said goodbye to so many friends. I've buried the ones closest to me. But after all that I have lost, I know that there are still people who need to be protected. So, I cannot stop fighting, not yet. Not when there are people still waiting for me. One day, I hope you will understand why I was not always there.

Your mother, Ana

Ana Amari is one of the founding members of Overwatch and regarded as one of the world's deadliest snipers. She is as old as Reinhardt. She has a high kill count and is able to stay still for hours waiting for the perfect shot. She inspired confidence and loyalty in her colleagues and bore the tattoo of an Eye of Horus as a symbol of protection. Likewise, her callsign in the Egyptian military during the Omnic Crisis before Overwatch was Horus. She is regarded as a hero by the Egyptian people. Ever since she was gravely wounded and lost her cybernetic eye, she has dawned an eye patch and grown accustomed to it, even though procedures to repair her cybernetic eye exist. She continues to experience phantom pain from the eye injury and it serves as a reminder of the lives she failed to protect.

Ana was back in Egypt for a while now and wrote letters to her daughter explaining her absence. However, she never received a response. She has since been working again as a sniper but in the shadows as a masked vigilante in Cairo known as Shrike. She was wanted for espionage, assault, and theft. In the eyes of the government, she is a vigilante but in the eyes of the people, Shrike was a hero. She was able to gather intel that Talon had a base in Egypt and was able to sabotage multiple operations. She was chasing down a Talon operative by the name of Abdul Hakim. He is thought to have direct contact with Reaper, which Ana hopes to exploit.