Chapter 3 - Kings Row

**This chapter has been edited and shortened to avoid being an entire transcript of a video**

One of Mondatta' s conditions to giving a speech in London was that it has to be at Kings Row. Prior to the omnic crisis, Kings Row had its own omnic population with the humans. However, the omnic-human relations were always tense with the police clashing with the omnics and their human sympathizers. After the crisis, it became one of the quarantine zones that had a mix of human and omnic population but omnics were never being treated as equals to humans. They did not receive proper healthcare or have the same rights. As a result, tension only rose and Mondatta' s goal is to fix that.

Given the history of Kings Row, the security this time is expected to be very tight. A week before the scheduled event, the police has been roaming the neighborhoods and randomly checking identification of whoever is on the streets. Many posters have been put up. Lena and Winston have been doing their own recon in preparation for this day. She was counting the days until it finally arrived.

People were gathering at the square from before sunset just to be able to get up close to the stage. When it got dark and the time for the speech got near, the crowd was huge, omnics and humans combined. Many of whom carrying posters of Mondatta and his beliefs. Some people were arriving holding hands with omnics to show solidarity. The stage in the square guarded by 2 meters of space and police tape. Two guards stood at each end of the stage. Two black sedans are parked next to the stage. Their windows tinted fully black. Guards are standing outside of the vehicles. They seem to be on high alert looking left and right at every corner and window. The square is surrounded by tall buildings that had snipers on its rooftops. The crowd keeps on chanting "Mon-da-tta" while they wait for his arrival. In the center of the stage was a podium with a microphone waiting to be used. Red curtains formed the background of the view from where Tracer was. She was in the middle of the crowd, walking between them. She was wearing her full gear. Yellow tights and her cozy fighter pilot jacket with the overwatch symbol on the side. This time, the chronal harness out in the open, shining blue light in the center of her chest. Many were able to identify her but did not give it much thought as they were too focused on the stage. A small child was standing with her mother, not too interested in the stage, has spotted Tracer and was very excited. She started pulling on her mother's outfit trying to get her attention but of no use. Many kids used to see them as heroes. Tracer winked at her and waved but continued to move between the crowd.

Tracer laid there on the ground feeling defeated and unable to use any of her abilities. She turned on comms with Winston "Winston... I failed".

 I failed"

______

credit to artists Plank-69