Ch.4

HELP I AM CRYING. I FOUND THIS ON PINTREST

MANGA READERS KNOW MY PAIN ISTG IM CRYING SM ILY MUI AND GENYA

— • —

-Kanroji Pov-
"Right now? With me? Are you sure you really want to hang out with someone like me?" I was a little shocked by his words, he seemed nice, and I was the one who invited him to eat with me. So why wouldn't I be sure?

"Of course, I am the one inviting you aren't I?" I said.
                            -Iguro Obanai-
I wanted to say yes to her request, I really did, but I don't deserve this, and she doesn't deserve to be around someone like me. "I...I'm a bit..." I trailed off, staring into her bright lime green eyes, glistening in the light.

I suppose she could tell I was going to deny the request, as she spoke up saying, "Please? Atleast get to know each other's name?" I couldn't just deny her now, so I hesitantly accepted her offer.

"I suppose I could stay for a bit..." I saw her eyes light up with excitement, a noticeable blush and big smile on her face. "Kya! Really?! Thank you! Uh...I never got your name..." She said while scratching the back of her neck.

"Oh, right, my name's Iguro Obanai." "It really suits you Iguro!" She very sweetly said.

I was to nervous to accumulate a real response.

So instead I just awkwardly sat in the chair infront of her. "Do you know my name, Iguro?" "Yeah...you told everyone on your first day. Plus I always hear people talk about you." I saw Kanroji had a blush on her face, with a more noticeable surprised expression.

"People talk about me..? In a bad way...or..." I frantically started explaining to her that people always thought of her as cute, silly, and very, very pretty. She seemed to space out for a moment after I said that, a mix of a neutral and saddened expression.

"Are you okay, Kanroji?" She immediately jolted her head towards me, a "smile" appearing on her expression again. "Ah, yes, sorry, should we order something to eat?" Her usual cheery voice coming back.

I nodded, looking around for a menu, when Kanroji spoke again. "Actually, I already ordered some things before you came here." She said with a close eyed smile, she was fidgeting with her braid.

"Oh, that's fine, I don't have an appetite so I probably wouldn't have ate anything." "Oh, are sure?" She had a genuine look of worry. "Yes I'm sure." Kanroji hesitantly nodded her head, before starting a conversation.

A couple minutes later her food arrived, a strawberry drink with some sakura mochi. The second she saw the sakura mochi her eyes lit up like the sun.

Seeing her expression change from a neutral- happyish to pure joy, brought a genuine sense of joy to me.

Kanroji handed me one of the mochi, saying, "Here! Try it, it's really tasty!"

I hesitantly took the mochi, taking a small bite out of it. It was good, I'd admit, but I wasn't interested in eating anything.

I should though

I haven't ate in...I think 2 days?

"Is it good Iguro?" "Yeah, it's pretty good," "I know! It's my favorite!" She had already eaten 3 of the mochi; I stared in awe, her smile, the joy just radiating off her. It only took a couple of minutes before she finished the rest of the  mochi, I smiled softly.

We had a small conversation for some time but it eventually ended when we heard someone repeatedly saying "Umai!" Every couple of seconds, all we could hear was just;

"Umai! Umai! Umai! Umai! Umai! Umai! Umai!" For about 5 minutes before we decided to head off.

We are currently outside of the cafe, "It was nice meeting you Iguro! I hope we can hang out again?" She asked, her honey sweet voice echoing in the distance. "We definitely can, sometime..." I said that last part in a lower tone, almost a whisper.

We eventually parted ways, I immediately missed her happy presence.

no motivation chapter 😩✌️