Ch.10

-Kanroji Pov-
Iguro had driven me to work the next morning, it's a good thing we go to work around the same time. Kocho had immediately noticed that me and Iguro came in at the same time, "Are you and Iguro...like??" She asked in a sarcastic-joking tone.

"No! Kocho that's always the first thing you think of!" I said while jokingly slapping her arm. "Actually it's the fifth thing I think of," "I don't wanna know the first four." "It's not that bad.." She grumbled, "But you like him, right?" I didn't respond, did I really like him? Am I just desperate for someone to love me?

"I-I don't...know" "You don't know?"

— • —

What did it actually mean to be in love?

That question always lingered my mind, now more so  than ever.

— • —

"I could kidnap and run tests on him?" "Uh, no, I don't think-" How did I get in this conversation? Right, I asked Kocho about love and her scientist side kicked in. She talked about brain chemicals and a bunch of things I could not understand.

Kocho had seemed excited about talking about brain chemicals and things, so I didn't say anything and let her continue her rant.

"But either way, I'm sure it will end well." She said with her sweet voice. "Yes, I'm sure it will." I didn't hear what she last said, so I just hoped for the best.

"Well, I'm gonna finish my work now," She said before walking off.

-Iguro Pov-
I saw Kocho coming out of Kanrojis office, what where they even doing in there?

Kanroji had kept her usual style with 3 braids, the only difference was her hair color. Her green ends perfectly matched her bright green eyes.

I sighed as I shook Kanroji off my mind and began working.

— • —

                               {After Work}
When I got home I realized I had ran out of mice for Kaburamaru, forcing me to go out my room.

I sighed before grabbing my keys and heading out the door. I drove all the way to PetzSmart. It was old and small, but it had what I needed. I walked past all the aisles, not really looking for anything else in particular. I had already got the mice and just wanted to look around the place.

I guess I had gotten to far in thought as I bumped into someone. I looked up at them and quickly realized it was Kanorji, what was she doing here? "Iguro?" She asked before having a giddy smile on her face.

"H-hey Kanroji, what are you doin' here?" I nervously said, I didn't want to accidentally make this interaction awkward. "Oh! I had to get some things for my bunny!" "Oh, you have a bunny?" She nodded her head, while showing me a picture of it.

It was white and fluffy. "It's...cute" I awkwardly say. "She's adorable!" She excitedly said. "Her name's Boni, I didn't know what to name her when I first got her, so I would call her boni and it just stuck." "I think the name's cool," I said while fidgeting with my fingers. "It kinda suits it."

"I suppose," She said. "Oh! What are you here for, Iguro?" "Oh...just things," I said while looking off to the side.

"Is it food Kaburamaru?" I nodd. "That's nice!" I only hum a slight yes. I heard a small ding sound, it was from Kanrojis phone. "Oh, I gotta go, see you at work, Iguro!" She said while running off.

I let out a deep exhale, man, I love being around her but she really does make me nervous.

I payed for my things and headed home. I never really liked the public but I never liked completely isolating from the public. Some days or weeks I would isolate more than others or sometimes I would go out multiple times. It always depended on how I was feeling, I never really felt all that good.

But things change, right?