Ch.8

-Iguro Pov-
"But I assure you I'm completely fine, Iguro!" She said, with her usual honey sweet smile.

"Why are you out here? Are you waiting for someone?"

Kanroji got a slightly embarrassed look, as she scratched the back of her neck. "Oh well...I don't have a car, so I usually take the bus, but I hadn't realized they changed the route and now I'm kinda stuck."

"They changed the route?" "Yeah..." "If you want...I could drive you home?" Kanrojis eyes lit up, "Really!?" She said with her hands in the air, kinda worrying on how quick she agreed to that.

"Yeah, my cars just over there," I pointed to a small black car in the parking lot. "You can just tell me where to drive." "Okay!"

— • —

Kanroji sat in the seat next to me, we were driving for about 5 minutes when I saw Kanrojis face had gown pale. "Kanroji? Are you alright?" "I can't come home tonight!" She said in a whisper yell. "What do you mean by that, are they kicking you out!?"

"N-no, they just accidentally sprayed the house with something I'm allergic to and don't want to accidentally cause me getting sick." "Oh, that's alot less depressing than I expected," I only whispered that last part. "Do you have a friends place you can stay at?"

"N-not really...Kocho doesn't like guests and I don't want to bother her." Kanroji awkwardly laughed, before furiously looking up "Cheap hotel room near me"

"Uh...You don't have any other cousins or something?" I awkwardly said, not really knowing what to say. "Nope, I'm gonna have to sleep on the streets!" She sarcastically said while dramatically putting her hand on her forehead. She laughed a bit before acknowledging that she basically has nowhere  to sleep.

"If you want..." I hesitated before finishing my sentence, "You can stay the night at my place," I said it in a more low tone, half hoping she didn't hear it and half hoping she did. "I...I have an extra room you can sleep in," I said, attempting to not seem creepy or weird.

I nervously glanced over at Kanroji to surprisingly see her already agreeing and texting her family she had somewhere to sleep. A little concerning on how much trust she has in basically a stranger.

"If it doesn't bother you much, I would happily stay at your place," She said with a smile as sweet as candy.

"Yea, it's alright."

— • —

10 Minutes later we arrived at my apartment, it was plain but Kanrojis cheery aura filled the area.

"Wow, your place is really...nice, Iguro!" I could tell she was trying to be friendly, but it wad obvious she didn't really mean it all that much. "Yeah...totally.." I said not really thinking about it.

"Oh, uhm, where's the bathroom?" "It's over there on the right," "Oh, thanks, Iguro!"

-Kanroji Pov-
I walked over to where Iguro said the bathroom was, it was pretty plain but I didn't mind. I glanced over at the sink and saw hair dye remover? Iguro had dyed hair? How funny, I didn't know he dyed his hair.

I grabbed the dye remover and ran out the bathroom, yelling "Iguro! Iguro! I didn't know you dyed your hair!"

He gave me a confused look before he started lightly chuckling, the look of genuine happiness on his expression...honestly felt great, for the both of us too.

"What's so funny?" I asked, genuinely confused. "I-I don't have dyed hair, I," He started explaining why he had the hair dye remover and by the end I couldn't hold myself from laughing.

"I-I actually have dyed hair!" I said in between laughs, "Really?" Iguro said in a sarcastic confused tone, "Yeah!" I wasn't really thinking about what I was saying, I was just spilling.

"Yeah, I actually dyed it awhile back!" "What's your natural color?" Iguro asked "A pretty abnormal combination of colors, it was a pink fading into a lime green!" "Is that even possible!?" "I ate to much sakura mochi!" I said completely serious but still in a completely joking manner.

"Why'd you dye it black? Your natural color would fit you well,"

"R-really?" "Yeah, it would fit your style and everything," "O-oh, well thanks...Iguro," I awkwardly chuckled, "I always was insecure about it..." "Why? I think having hair that color would be pretty cool, right?"

"I suppose so..." "Why don't you dye it back?" "I...I never really thought about it" "Do you want to?" Iguro asked while shaking the box of dye remover. "Yeah! Let's do that!" I excitedly said, while grabbing some things to not make a mess.

— • —