Ch.14

—Iguro Pov—
I was dreading the next day.

The next day I would have to go to work again, I couldn't face Kanroji.

What would Kanroji think of when she thinks of me? A scarred freak?

Yeah, that's what everyone thought of me. Kanrojis no exception to that, still I had a nagging feeling telling me I was wrong. That Kanroji would think differently from them. But, I don't think that's possible. It's never happened.

In all the 2 people I'm somewhat close to at work, the only person I can think of who might not see me as a freak would be Shinazugawa. And the only reason I think that is just because he has scars too. Ones probably worse than mine, ones with a way worse story behind it.

I sighed, and decided that I should atleast try to sleep. It was late, and I was tired.

— • —

I woke up around 3:46am, which wasn't to far off from the time I fell asleep.

The sky was still a dark blue, so I decided to take a short walk. But a short walk turned into a 45 minute walk.

I was drowning in my thoughts, I couldn't get  Kanroji out of my head.

What if she did think differently from them? Thinking I wasn't a freak? Could she be different? Was that possible? People can always say "It's Okay," but they can also put a lie behind their words. How would you know if what they say is true?

                      —Kanroji Pov—
I didn't get much sleep last night, so I was surprised when I woke up at 3:57am. I was annoyed because I couldn't fall back asleep after that. "Bummer..." I mumbled, before getting up and deciding to get some fresh air.

The sky was a pretty blue mixed with a line of pink at the bottom.

The sky lightly sprinkling, I smiled a bit at the thought of it, trying to push Iguro out of my mind. I failed at that, miserably. I couldn't get my worries out, I used to always take small walks when I was stressed. But I'm not getting any less worried.

I continued wandering around for some time, desperately trying to calm my mind.

I suppose I had walked a bit to far because I noticed that I was close by the apartment Iguro lives in. Would it be creepy if I went in? Yeah, probably. But I didn't want to wait till I had to see him at work. Would he even be there?

I sighed before deciding to walk around the place.

I wouldn't admit it to myself, but I was really hoping to run into Iguro.

Maybe...? Maybe, on a 1% chance, Iguro would also be around here? I took the slight chance on that and began subtly looking around. I didn't want to look like a creep, so I pretended to be looking for my bunny, incase anyone asked. Although, know one was out at this time.

I think this is the longest I've gone without posting a chapter, so sorry abt that 🫠 I was fixing my science grade (im failing)