Chapter 2

With a massive headache and a dizzy feeling, Malou woke up the next morning. Groaning, she sat up in her bed and rubbed her fac, before getting up. Changing into some new clothes, Malou went to the bathroom to freshen up a little. After brushing her teeth and her hair, she splashed some cold water into her face. Soon, she felt a little more awake and the dark thoughts, that had followed her around since the hunt, suddenly crept up on her again. Malou stared at her reflection and thought, that she didn't recognize herself anymore. Her skin was pale and her hazel eyes looked tired. Sighing, Malou left the bathroom.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty.", a happy voice greeted her and Malou rubbed her sleepy eyes again, before looking up to see JJ leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Why did you let me smoke weed? My head hurts.", she complained and walked up to him, letting her head fall against his chest carefully.

"I'm pretty sure it's the vodka you drank that hurts your head.", JJ chuckled and Malou groaned, letting her arms hang off her body lazily.

"Make it better.", Malou whined and JJ chuckled again, before he lifted his hands to run his fingers through her hair gently. Closing her eyes at the soothing feeling, Malou breathed in and out deeply. For a moment, she felt fine. Just for a second, the fear and the stress seemed to leave her body.

"JJ, stop pampering my sister and let her suffer. Maybe she'll learn then to not mix alcohol and weed again.", a voice suddenly echoed through the room and Malou internally rolled her eyes. The short moment of peace quickly vanished and Malou lifted her head to watch John B and Sarah stroll into the room hand in hand.

"Well, maybe if I wasn't part of a life-threatening gold hunt, then maybe I wouldn't even feel the need to drink or smoke.", Malou countered and stepped away from JJ to follow Sarah and John B into the living room.

"We found the gold. And Pope has a plan on how to get the rest. It'll be over soon, so just relax. Oh and speaking of, Kie and Pope are waiting for us at the Wreck, we should go.", John B ordered and quickly grabbed the keys of the Twinkie before going outside with Sarah following him. Lost in her thoughts, Malou looked after them with a heavy heart.

"Are you ok?", JJ said and pulled her out of her thoughts. He stood right next to her and looked down on her. Lifting her head a little to look at him, Malou shook her head.

"No. I just want to get over with it.", Malou answered and then left the Château, hearing JJ following her, until they got into the Twinkie. After picking up Kiara and Pope, the pogues made their way across the island to pawn the gold they had tried to melt. Thinking of a good plan, they eventually decided to let JJ do the work, knowing, that he would be able to think of some good lie. JJ wasn't too happy about it, saying, that the melted gold looked like Frankenstein.

While JJ went inside the pawnshop first, the rest of the pogues followed him, but made sure to stay behind. Malou had a bad feeling and tried to get her mind off a little by looking at whatever they tried to sell in this shop. As she heard JJ tell something about his mum trying to melt down her jewellery and suffering from Alzheimer's, Malou discreetly rolled her eyes. This was going to be a disaster. The lady behind the desk went to talk to her boss and Malou overheard how Pope and John B went over to JJ to talk to him. Probably telling him not to make up any more stupid lies.

The talking between JJ and the elder woman went back and forth, until JJ agreed on selling the gold for 70.000 dollars. While Malou still tried to swallow the bad thoughts and feelings, her friends seemed to be excited. Little smiles danced around their lips, as JJ agreed to the deal, while Malou hoped, that everything would turn out to be fine. After the woman had given them an address of a warehouse, the pogues went back to the Twinkie. Making their way to the warehouse, where they would finally sell the gold and get their money.