Chapter 13

"Malou? Malou, wake up.", JJ whispered and uncomfortably shifted.

"Shut up, J.", Malou grumbled and pulled the covers over her face, before she cuddled further into his side.

"Sorry grumpy, but I really have to pee!", JJ said and quickly pushed the girl off his chest, before he jumped up and ran to the bathroom. Malou groaned and hid under the blanket, hoping to find back into the peaceful nap she had just taken. Just, when she was about to drift off again, a voice pulled her back to reality.

"Move over.", JJ said and lifted the blanket, so he could climb back into the bed. Malou shuffled around to make some space for him and breathed out deeply, when JJ wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close to his chest.

"Why did you wake me, I had the best sleep since forever.", Malou complained as she placed her arm on his so she could play with his bracelets.

"I know, sorry, but I held it for like an hour already, alright? Now stop complaining and just go back to sleep.", JJ explained frustrated and Malou quietly chuckled at him. She really wanted to take that nap, when suddenly, a thought rushed through her head and her eyes shut open.

"You are awake since an hour?! What time is it?!", Malou panicked and turned around in his arm to look at him. JJ shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, probably like 5 or something.", he said calmly and wanted to reach out to push some strand of hair out of her face, when Malou suddenly sat up and reached over him to grab her phone.

"Shit! Get up, we have to hurry.", Malou said, when she saw the dozens of texts and missed calls from Kiara.

"What? No, can't we just stay here in this bubble? Like, just for today?", JJ whined and Malou shook her head as she climbed over him to get out of his bed.

"No, we promised Kie to go to the movie with her and Pope. We were supposed to pick them up 20 minutes ago.", Malou reminded the blonde boy and watched how he rubbed his face with a groan.

"I don't even wanna go there. It's a kook event.", JJ complained again and looked at Malou unimpressed. Getting her hair out of the bikini top she had just knotted, she tilted her head and looked at him.

"I know, but we promised her. Come on, now." Picking up his grey shorts, Malou threw it at him, just to hear him groan again. Malou picked her phone up and texted Kiara, that they wouldn't make it in time and told her to meet them at the open-air cinema.

"Well, you busted that bubble really fast.", Malou heard JJ mumble and looked up from her phone. JJ didn't look at her and Malou watched how he put his shirt back on. She walked up to him, but JJ kept his head low as he pretended to be busy putting back on his clothes.

"JJ, come on.", Malou said quietly and waited for him to look up at her.

"Put something on and brush your hair, I'll wait outside.", JJ eventually said without looking at her and brushed past her to leave the room. Closing her eyes, Malou sighed. With a heavy heart, she walked into her room to put on her high waisted shorts and an oversized, blue hoodie. She put her hair into a ponytail and slipped inside her white sneakers, before she grabbed her phone, purse and keys and walked outside. The moment JJ saw her walking down the stairs of the porch, he quickly started the dirt bike he already sat on. Amazing, Malou thought to herself and climbed onto the dirt bike behind him silently. Instead of holding onto him, like she usually would do, Malou steadied herself in placing her hands on the back of the bike. The ride to figure eight was awfully quiet and just when Malou thought, that it couldn't get worse, she was greeted by Kiara. A pissed off Kiara.

"Are you guys serious? We don't see each other in days and then you forget the one thing I asked you for?", Kiara asked right away, after JJ had turned off the motor of his bike. Malou climbed off first and fixed her shorts before she sighed.