On Ice (Stan x Reader)

"Coach Marsh! Over here!"

Stan watches from the side of the rink as the kid slaps the puck right into the opposing goal with impressive accuracy.

Stan coached the local pee wee hockey team three days out of the week. It had begun as a community service to pay off some debt when he hit rock bottom, but now years later in his twenties, he had come to enjoy it.

"Wow, you must be practicing a lot on your own time! Nice job! Let's get off the ice and change out into regular shoes before your mom gets here."

The boy beams. All the kids had gone home and he usually took the bus but wanted to spend extra time at practice today.

The heavy doors to the rink push open, "I'm here! I'm sorry I'm so late!"

Stan had to do a double take.

It was Y/N, the girl he'd been in love with since high school. He never got the timing right with her and was devastated when she moved away after high school.

Her face lights up, "Stan? Stan Marsh is that you?"

How is it possible she got even hotter?

His stomach turned. He had gotten better control over his vomit situation in his adult years but she was tearing down his progress.

"Y/N, Hi! What are you doing here?"

"Mommy!" The boy ran into her arms.

"Picking up my son" she giggled.

Wow, starting off strong Marsh.

"Oh. Of course, I knew that."

Y/N turns to the boy, "Honey, your Switch is in the car, can you wait for me while I catch up with my friend?"

He runs off barely turning back, "Bye Coach Marsh!"

"Sooo," Stan shifted nervously, "you have a kid."

Y/N smiled, "Yes I do."

He felt a twinge of jealousy and a little bit dejected that she had been that intimate with someone else.

"Did you move back?"

"Recently, for now-It's complicated."

"You don't remember me and the guys at all do you? I'm good with complicated."

Y/N sat down next to him and exhaled. "Me and his dad were never officially together. Long story short, some guys just can't handle the pressure of parenthood so it's just the two of us now."

"That's too bad. I always pictured you married somehow."

"Nope. Just a degenerate mom." Y/N's smile weakened and looked down at her feet.

"That can't be true. I don't allow kids with degenerate moms on my team."

Stan managed to coax a little laughter out of her and lightened the mood.

"But really, you're a great mom for signing him up for the hockey league, he's already out-performing the other kids."

"He's having a lot of fun, he always talks about it when he gets home, it's 'Coach Marsh' this and 'Coach Marsh' that."

"Good to know I made an impression."

"You always do."

Stan's cheeks grew hot and his stomach fluttered. "I do?"

"Oh yeah. I was hoping you were still here so I would at least know one person when I moved back. I'm really happy I found you."

"We should stay in touch, can we change numbers?"