Rogue (Gregory x Reader)

Gregory was being honored for his aid to Canada during the Canadian war over Terence and Philip at a ball, or rather a 'square' held by the prince and princess of Canada.

He attended the prestigious Yardale in his college years studying politics and was well acquainted with high society.

There was an unspoken rule that every attendee be accompanied by a guest. These guests were almost always women, with whom Gregory had no contact with at the moment. The only woman he had access to on short notice had fought alongside him under his command. A roguish little creature, Y/N.

...

"Y/N," Gregory paced through the empty Barracks.

"You will accompany me to the Maple Square next evening. Pack your-," Gregory paused to look around your messy dorm, "things."

"Wait this is all so sudden, you're taking me? Don't you have some countess or duchess to take?"

Gregory always rubbed elbows with the finest of society and it caught you off guard in a pleasant way that he thought to take you instead. You always had feelings for him and his stern attitude towards you as a commander left you aching and breathless at the end of the day.

"Don't excite yourself. You are my only option. Now pack. The car will take you to the airport in five hours."

"Yes sir."

...

You had never traveled outside the country before, let alone on a private jet. Looking out the window made you feel like one of the weightless clouds.

"Don't lean, Y/N, it's unbecoming."

You sit straight and smile looking out of the window with the corner of your eye.

...

"The prince and princess of Canada have graciously allowed us to stay in one of the many rooms at their castle. God knows why they think we're a couple but the room has only a king bed so you will sleep at the foot of the bed."

"Why do I have to sleep at the foot of the bed?"

Gregory sighs and rolls his eyes as if it were a stupid question and answers it like it is one.

"Let me remind you that my name is on the invitation and the square is in my honor. You are just arm candy. If we can even call you that yet. Do you not own a single piece of feminine clothing?"

"Yes, I do!"

You rummage through your bag and hold up a dress.

"Oh dear." It was clear he was unimpressed.

Gregory made his way to the rectangular phone on the wall and called a few stylists over.

Gregory

Y/N was definitely not suitable to attend the square tonight looking like that, but in Gregory's secret heart, he could admit she did have some attractive qualities about her.

Like when her eyes light up when she hangs on his every word, or her hair which was just begging to be pulled. Her body itself was his type exactly.

All of this yet she still wasn't fit to show off in public. At least not his arm anyways.

She wasn't from high society. She didn't know the rules and customs that needed to be followed and there were too many to explain in one night. He hoped threats and brief notes would be enough to make her a temporary debutant.

"Gregory, are you sure this is how I'm supposed to look?"

For a moment he stood breathless. With her hair attractively arranged and a gown of silk, one would never know she was a rogue only hours prior.