Prologue: 3 years ago

The sound of running feet filled a garden, a two year old girl with white hair with blue tips hurried through the garden, purple-blue eyes taking in everything around her. "H-Harika, please slow down!" Her nanny, Macy, chased after her looking worried. Harika slowed to a stop, looking up at the woman. "Harika sorry.."Harika says. Macy chuckled, and patted her head. The sound of footsteps echoed, Macy's head shooting up. "Monsieur N-Neuvillette.."Macy greets bowing her head, shielding Harika with her dress. Neuvillette stared at her, scanning her from head to toe. "The maid my wife assigned to be a nanny...the one who slapped me"Neuvillette greets Macy flinching. "My apologies sir...I'm so sorry"Macy says nervously. Harika stepped out, her eyes widening in fear when Neuvillette looked down at her. The mans eyes widened in surprise, staring down at her stunned. He reached for her, but Harika bursted into tears making him freeze. "SCARY MAN!!"Harika wailed.

Neuvillette stared with wide eyes, his hand trembling as he lowered it, letting it hang at his side. He turned and walked away as Macy fell to her knees to comfort the crying child. "It's okay! The scary man is gone!"Macy says. Harika continued to cry and wail, tears falling down her cheeks. "P-Please don't cry your mother would be so sad seeing you cry"Macy says. She picked the crying child up, gently rubbing the girls back, calming the girl down. "Come on, let's go eat, your favorite is being prepared, mashed potatoes and gravy!"Macy beamed. Harika sniffled and nodded, not wanting to see that scary man ever again. Macy perked up, noticing the few maids who stayed were whispering among themselves. "What happened?"Macy asks walking over to Rosette and Uru. "Monsieur Neuvillette locked himself back up in his office..."Uru informs looking worried. Macy's eyes widened in shock, wondering what could possibly make him lock himself back up in his office.

The first time he locked himself up was because his wife, Lady Adiva, died giving birth to their daughter. It rained for days, so much that the place had nearly flooded. Neuvillette and Adiva had just been married and went on their honeymoon, when they returned Lady Adiva was pregnant. Everyone had been excited, until reality struck them all when Neuvillette informed them that Adiva would die if she didn't get rid of the child. He himself had begged her to choose her life, even getting on his knees and bowing his head. Some said it was cruel fate to rip apart newlyweds others commented that it probably wasn't meant to be. Adiva died in the end, leaving Harika behind who had frightened Neuvillette with how her hair and eyes were the same as his. He locked himself away in his office and only stepped out to grab food and something to drink. Furina hadn't been happy about it, but she backed off when Neuvillette snapped which shocked her and many of the servants.

Macy glanced down at Harika, finding the child fast asleep with a peaceful look on her face. Harika would've loved her mother and things would've been different if the woman had survived. Adiva had been named 'Fontaine's Dancer' by Furina who'd brag at times about how they had the best dancer. Adiva had stated that she hoped to be able to teach their child to dance, until cruel reality shattered everything. "What do we do, what happened?"Macy asks not wanting Furina to storm in here and start scolding Neuvillette about being absent. "There's nothing we can do.."Rosette mutters. Uru was the head maid and the only one permitted to enter Neuvillette's room when he had locked himself up. Macy had passed by one time and heard Neuvillette say that seeing Harika made him feel as if he himself had killed his beloved Adiva, since the child resembled him so much. "Just leave him, he'll come out on his own"Uru sighed looking concerned.

Macy walked away, carrying the sleepy child. She walked down the hall, nearing a portrait. She stopped and looked up. A painting of Neuvillette and a smiling pink haired woman with golden brown eyes was hung there. The last painting Neuvillette had done with his wife. He had taken it down and covered it, but uncovered and hung it back up three weeks later not finding it within himself to keep it shielded for much longer. Macy sighed and entered Harika's room, gently changing the child into a nightgown and laying her in the bed. "Sleep tight, Hari..."Macy smiled pressing a kiss to Harika's cheek. Before Adiva died she asked Macy to care and love Harika, no doubt knowing it'd take her husband a while to come around to the child. Macy had promised because the woman told her she had trusted her and felt safe leaving the child in her care. "I'll protect you Harika, no matter what...that was your mothers last wish"Macy promised placing a hand on the sleeping childs head, smiling slightly. "Everything will be alright, one day your father will come around."