Chapter 9

"Welcome back you three!!" Tan laughed, Harika leaping into his arms. "You guys have fun!"Uru smiled. Neuvillette nodded, then glanced behind him at the piles of clothes and toys. "O-Oh my, that's a lot.."Uru giggled Macy staring with wide eyes. "I had so much fun!"Harika beamed. "I'm so glad!"Macy beamed, her eyes sparkling with relief. Kaida stared at Harika, feeling envious of the love she was receiving from the servants that stayed to take care of her. She looked down, her hair curtaining her face. "Kaida?" She looked up, finding her father standing there. "Is there something wrong?"Neuvillette asks looking concerned. She opened her mouth to speak, then felt a sudden pain shoot through her like lightning striking. She coughed, something red splattering on the ground. "K-Kaida.."Joy stared stunned. Kaida stared at the blood on her hands and dress, looking startled. "Lady Kaida.."Damion mutters alarmed. She fell backwards, hands catching her. "KAIDA!!"

Anubis stared with narrowed eyes, his finger pointing to Kaida. "I didn't come here to see a bitter brat, she's ruining my fun.."Anubis mutters. A hand slapped him outside his head, his eyes widening in alarm. "YOU BITCH!" He whipped around, glaring at Adiva, his eyes glowing. "I could kill you a second time! Hit me again and I'll get rid of your husband and leave your kids as orphans!"Anubis spat. Adiva slapped him again, his eyes widening as he stumbled back, nearly falling off the roof. She stared silently at him, her hand still raised. He scowled, staring her down as he touched his cheek. "You're really asking for it...I could destroy Fontaine with the snap of my fingers, you wanna take that chance"Anubis scowled. He flinched when she stepped closer, Adiva aiming for his face again. "FINE! I'll leave the brat alone!"Anubis snapped. He snapped his fingers together, looking bitter. "Can't have any fun around here."

Kaida opened her eyes, and sat up. "Kaida!" Macy hugged her, startling the child. "Thank Archons you're alright..."Tan sighs rubbing the back of his head. The doors swung open, Kaida staring as Neuvillette walked in. "D-DAD!"Kaida yells throwing the blanket off, running towards him. She stepped on her nightgown, staring as she fell forward. Hands caught her, steadying the child. "Please do not run, you have to regain your energy.."Neuvillette scolds. "Kaida." Clorinde picked her up, scanning the child's body from head to toes. "Are you alright?"Clorinde asks. She stared at the woman, then looked at everyone else stunned, having expected them to stay with Harika and leave her be. "I'm sorry"Kaida mutters. "For what?"Macy blinked. "For being a bother, you all should be taking care of Harika...not me"Kaida mutters. Hands took her from Clorinde, Neuvillette walking with her in one arm out of the room and down the hallway. "Sir?! Sir wait!"

Harika looked over when her room door opened, her eyes widening as she rushed over to her father and Kaida. "Sister! You're okay!"Harika smiled relieved. Neuvillette picked her up, carrying them over to her bed. Harika blinked in visible confusion, wondering what was going on. Her sister should be resting in bed after what happened, not being moved about. What if she coughed up blood and fainted again. "D-Dad, I'm-"Kaida starts. "You're not a bother, Kaida." She looked up stunned. "Huh"Harika blinked. "You're still apart of this family...and everyone cares for you even though Harika has been here longer." Harika looked at her sister with wide eyes and grabbed her hands. "Sis, you're important to us! You're part of the family, you're not a bother at all! Never think that!"Harika scolds narrowing her eyes at the girl. Kaida blinked, staring as her sister gripped her hands tight. "But, I haven't been here that long..like you.."Kaida mutters.

"You're still my sister! If you don't believe me, I-I'll throw a tantrum here and now!"Harika retorts. "D-Don't!"Kaida gasped. "Harika"Neuvillette says. Harika looked up, her father staring down at her. "Throw a tantrum." Kaida gasped, her eyes wide as Harika started to shriek and flail her fists. "H-Harika!"Kaida cried alarmed. "YOU'RE MY SISTER! YOU ARE LOVED!!"Harika yells kicking her feet. "I WON'T STOP UNTIL YOU SAY IT!!!" Kaida stared at the girl as she threw a tantrum, Neuvillette watching the two girls. "I'm your sister and I am loved..." Harika stopped, staring at Kaida then beamed and hugged her. "Yes!"Harika smiled. Kaida smiled slightly, patting her sisters back. Arms wrapped around them, their father holding them close. "Do this all because I love you." The two looked up at him, smiling. "I love you"Neuvillette smiled hugging them tight. "Unconditional, unconditionally...I will love you unconditionally." 

He sat with the two girls on the bed, watching them sleep. He reached over and gently tugged the blanket up, covering their small bodies. "Adiva...I still vividly remember all our happy moments...I remember your smile, your touch, your laugh..."Neuvillette mutters. "I feel bitter that you chose to leave me with these memories." He stared down at the two girls, gently touching Kaida's hand. "I never understood why you chose a child over your life, and it ripped my heart apart knowing I'd never see you again." Kaida stirred, his hand gently patting her back, lulling her to sleep again. "I felt alone, until these two came to me..first Harika then Kaida, both becoming a new source of light for me....and it scared me when both of them were thrown into danger....I felt everything inside me stop and an instinct I've never had before took over." He looked away, his hands trembling.

"I needed to save them...I wanted to save them, I didn't want them to join you...I didn't wanna be the cause of someones death...I can't loose them too." The sound of rain hitting the windows filled the room, Harika holding Neuvillette's hand as she slept. "I know how you feel now, you didn't want them to die...you wanted them to see everything the world had to offer, even if it means you're not here"Neuvillette says. "They're our babies, so I swear to you this, I will protect them both...even if I have to throw my own life away for them." He laid with the two girls, staring down at them. "I'll make sure their smiles never fade, and I'll keep them warm and answer when they call for their dad....I'll help them when they're sick and do everything in my power to help them grow." Pink flower petals appeared, Adiva sitting on her knees beside the bed smiling as she watched him fall asleep. "They're our babies..Kaida and Harika"Neuvillette mumbles.