Chapter 10: A few years later

The sound of running feet filled the halls, two twelve year old girls laughing as they ran to a room. "Papa!" "Dad!" Neuvillette looked up and smiled, setting the papers in his hand down. Kaida and Harika beamed, their hair now reaching down to their waists, but were in different styles in order to keep it out of their faces. "Happy Birthday you two"Neuvillette smiled. "Thanks!"Kaida beamed. "Everyone is here, Papa!"Harika beamed. "Then, let's go greet our guests"Neuvillette chuckles. He walked after the beaming girls, a smile on his face. Harika and Kaida laughed, beaming at each other. "Careful you two"Neuvillette smiled. Tan and Damion opened the doors to the garden, laughing as they wished the two girls happy birthday. "Hey girls!"Kaeya greets Daisy beaming at the two girls. "Dad Association!!"Kaida cheered. The other kids ran over with their gifts, smiling as they wished the twins a happy birthday.

"You're twelve now, how great is that!"Kain grinned. "It feels so great!"Kaida giggled. Kaida perked up as Roa held out flowers with a small smile on his face. "Th-Thank you"Kaida mutters taking the flowers. "Where's Cyno and Gabe?"Harika asks. Her and Gabe had been awkward with each other at the next gathering a few years back, but had started getting closer. Albeit kinda slow, since Gabe seemed very guarded around her. "Sorry we're late." Cyno walked over with Gabe flanking him. "Hey Hari"Gabe greets walking over to her with his gifts. She beamed, taking the roses and the music box. "Oh thank you!"Harika beamed. Neuvillette stared with narrowed eyes, then snapped his fingers together. Tan and Damion glared at Roa and Gabe, forcing the two boys back. "Girls"Neuvillette smiled. The two ran over and hugged him, wide smiles on their faces. "You two have fun and play nice with your friends"Neuvillette says. "Okay, we will!"

Laughter came from the girls, all of them sitting on a picnic blanket while the boys wrestled to their hearts content. "Be careful, Geo!"Liz scolds pointing to her brother. Alhaitham patted his eight month old sons bottom, gently shushing the sniffling baby. "Finally you join us, I was getting tired of hearing you and Arielle at random moments of the day"Kaveh snorts. "You wake my son, I'll lock you out for a year..."Alhaitham threatens glaring warningly at him. "Right, like Arielle would let you do that"Kaveh chuckled Alhaitham narrowing his eyes in a 'watch me' way. Karla limped over to him, handing him cookies. "Thanks.."Kaveh smiled pressing a kiss to her forehead. She beamed at him and walked back to the girls. Screams of alarm and anger came from the daughters, water soaking some of their outfits. "BOYS!!" Childe, Diluc, Cyno and Thoma hurried over, giving the boys scolding looks.

"I was aiming for Gabe!"Domino protests. "And you missed..terribly"Gabe mocked. "Oh, Oh! Look what I can do now!"Harika beamed. She lifted her hand, water rising from their clothes. "Wow!"Tansy gasped Karla looking impressed. Kaida clapped and laughed. "Good job sis!"Kaida beamed hugging Harika. Harika smiled and dropped the ball of water on the boys. "AHHHHH!" Laughter came from their fathers, looking at the soaking wet boys. "You guys got karma"Storm grinned flicking his tail. "Karma came quicker than expected"Tighnari says. "Adal, did we learn a lesson today?"Wriothesley chuckles his son pouting. "Yes.."Adal mumbles as Diluc gave Domino an amused smile. "I learned too"Domino says. Gabe grumbled and combed his wet hair back with his hand, Harika feeling her face heat up when he took his shirt off. "Dad-"Gabe starts. He perked up, Cyno walking over to him with an extra shirt. "Here.."Cyno says handing it to him.

Gabe slipped his new shirt on, Cyno helping him. "...thanks.."Gabe mutters. Cyno smiled and nodded, placing a hand on his sons head. "We have the cake!" Macy walked over, carrying her four month old baby. Tan smiled, rushing over to her. He pressed a kiss to her forehead, Macy chuckling. Rosetta and Damion walked with the cake between them, gently setting it down on the table. Kaida and Harika hurried over and beamed. "Dad Association tradition! GRAB THEM QUICKLY!"Tsukiko grinned. Liliana and Adela grabbed Kaida, while Gia and Missy grabbed Harika. They smashed the twin girls faces into the cake. Kaida laughed, lifting her head. Harika giggled, wiping cake frosting off, as a secondary cake was brought over. "Here"Neuvillette chuckles handing them towels. "Thanks!" Harika smiled as she wiped her face clean, then looked at her father, Kaida looking up at him as well. "Tell us how you met Mom!" He stared at them then smiled. "It was a long time ago.."Neuvillette smiled.

The sound of cheering came from a crowd, ribbons flying through the air. "What's going on over there?"Neuvillette asks staring at the crowd. "A traveling dancer from Liyue stopped by, she's throwing a small performance for everyone, she'll also be a special guest for those magic kids"Furina responds. Pink hair came into view, his eyes widening as he stepped closer. A pink haired woman twirled, ribbons tied around her fingers. She brought her arms down, bringing one behind her back as she spun. She turned and leaped to the right, lifting her hands towards the sun. She skipped over to a child and swirled her ribbons around them, chuckling when the child laughed. She lifted one leg and twirled, stopping in front of Neuvillette. She stared up at him when the crowd cheered and smiled warmly. "Hello." He stared down at her, Furina poking his side. "Hello"Neuvillette greets. Furina sighed and shook her head. "Adiva, you did great show, you've gotten perform again for me sometime!"Furina smiled.

"That'd be lovely"Adiva smiled. She untied her ribbons from her fingers, handing them to the children, chuckling as she watched them run off. "Didn't you need those?"Furina asks. "I have plenty"Adiva chuckles. Furina glanced at the silent man beside her, wondering what in the name of archons was he waiting for. Neuvillette suddenly stepped forward startling her, holding his hand out to Adiva. "May I show you around Fontaine?"Neuvillette asks Furina crossing her fingers behind him, her eyes shut. "I'd love that, Fontaine seems like a lovely place"Adiva smiled taking his offered hand. She walked off beside him, Furina waving as she watched them go. "Have fun you two!"Furina calls. "Yes Lady Furina!"Adiva smiled looking back at her. Furina waved until they walked out of view and cheered. "Ugh, he'll no longer be single!"Furina smiled clasping her hands together. Adiva looked up at Neuvillette noticing his expression and giggled at expressionless face. "Oh dear"Adiva chuckles.

Harika and Kaida smiled, Neuvillette's expression softening. "Look who's here!" The two girls bolted away and tackle hugged Furina, the trio falling to the ground. Furina laughed, hugging the two. "Here girls, brought you something"Furina smiled handing them snowglobes. "So pretty!"Kaida gasped her eyes sparkling. "Papa finished telling us about how he met Mom, I can't believe you introduced them Aunt Furina"Harika smiled. "Haha, your Dad needed to get out of being single, also I needed someone else to deal with him more than I did"Furina chuckles. "Very funny"Neuvillette says. She stared up at him, then chuckles. "At least you won't be alone one day..."Furina says. He nodded, looking down at Harika and Kaida. The two girls hugged him, wide smiles on their faces. "Come on Papa!"Harika beamed. "Blow the candles out with us!"Kaida beamed pulling him after them. "Okay, here I come"Neuvillette chuckles walking after them. Furina sighed. "He won't be alone, Adiva."