Chapter 7

Kaida stared up at Neuvillette, her eyes sparkling, a wide smile on her face. "Uru, take her to her room, we'll leave for Liyue soon"Neuvillette says. "Ah, Dad!"Kaida says grabbing his hand. "What is it?"Neuvillette asks looking down at him. "Can I come with you?"Kaida asks. He stared down at her, and gently grabbed her hand. "I'll take her." She smiled wide, walking after him, Uru watching them go worriedly. "PAPA!!" Kaida stared as Neuvillette freed his hand from her grip, the male kneeling down. "Harika"Neuvillette smiled. Harika leaped into his arms, a wide smile on her face. "Hey Harika"Neuvillette greets. Kaida's eyes widened, her hands falling to her sides. "Monsieur Neuvillette, are we leaving!"Joy beamed. "Yes, your stuff is all packed and ready, but first there's someone I'd like you both to meet"Neuvillette nods. "Harika, this is your twin sister, Kaida." Harika looked at Kaida, the two staring at each other.

"SISTER!" Kaida flinched in surprise as Harika jumped on her, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "I have a sister, that's awesome!"Harika beamed her eyes sparkling. Kaida blinked, and smiled. "Yes"Kaida smiled. "Shall we all get going?"Neuvillette asks. "Yes!"Harika beamed. He turned and walked down the hallway, watching the three girls run ahead of him their laughter filling the hallway. "Not too fast.."Neuvillette says. Harika leaped down the steps giggling, Clorinde catching her. "Careful, you could trip and fall"Clorinde scolds gently. She set the child down, Navia smiling. "You all have a good trip okay!"Navia smiled. She pressed a kiss to Harika's cheek, smiling down at her. Kaida stared silently, gripping her dress. A hand patted her head, Clorinde staring down at her. "Have fun and listen to your father"Clorinde says. Neuvillette and Clorinde stared at each other and nodded.

"Did Wriothesley leave again?"Neuvillette asks. "Yes, he and his kids left two hours ago, he was quite guilty about turning their ride around and coming back to...talk with you"Navia responds. "The kids were looking forward to that sleepover"Clorinde sighs shaking her head. "I see, well, I shall apologize when we meet"Neuvillette says. He glanced down, wondering if Wriothesley would want him there after everything that happened. Harika beamed, excited to see other kids at the gathering. "I wonder who's gonna be there!"Kaida beamed bouncing on the heels of her feet, her eyes sparkling excitedly. "Me too!"Joy beamed. Neuvillette turned, joining Harika, Kaida and Joy. "Are you all ready? Our ride there is waiting"Neuvillette asks. "Yes!" He watched the three run off and nodded to Uru. "I'll take care of everything, sir"Uru smiled. "I know, you always do...thank you"Neuvillette nods. He walked after the girls, Uru smiling after them.

---

Kaveh set Karla down, watching the young girl join the other kids. "Karla!"Geo greets grinning at her. Cyno arrived with Gabe at his side, the man nodding down to the boy. Gabe hurried over a grin on his face as Cyno joined Razor and Storm, the three quietly chatting. "Sorry if we're late, Tansy's allergies kicked up"Baizhu greets coming in. Tansy ran off, joining the other girls. Karla smiled at her close friend, Penny coming after. "Hey Karla!"Penny beamed. "Hey!"Karla smiled hugging her stuffed animal. "Karla, will you be alright?"Kaveh asks worriedly. "Yes!"Karla nods. Kaveh hesitated but sighed and went to go join Tighnari and Albedo. Xiao appeared, three kids appearing not too long after him. "Good job, you all got the hang of it"Xiao praised looking at the three kids. "Thanks!" He watched them run off, a small smile on his face. "Tsukiko, come down from there, please"Zhongli chuckles.

Tsukiko swung down from the branch, landing beside him as Thoma arrived with his three kids, Childe right behind him. "You three be nice!"Childe reminds nodding to the three kids. "Yes Daddy"Missy smiled. "Go play"Childe beckons. Xiao nodded to Childe in greeting, the two watching their kids play together. "Thanks again for rescuing my butt"Childe says. "You have kids just like me, and it seems they also lost their mother, I wouldn't leave defenseless kids parentless"Xiao mutters. Xiao looked at the single dads in turn, feeling bad for them. Childe. Cyno. Baizhu. Kaveh. Albedo. "Sorry we're late!" and Kazuha. Kain and Roa ran off from Kazuha's side to play with the others, smiles on their faces. "Where's Wriothesley?"Kazuha asks surprised to not see him. "He's gonna be late, some business made him turn around"Zhongli answers fixing some of the flower decorations.

"Where's your wife?"Kazuha asks. "Mia went out, she won't be back till the gathering is over"Zhongli answers. "We're here!" Wriothesley came in, and set his kids down. Footsteps came from behind him, Neuvillette coming in with Harika, Kaida and Joy. "Forgive me for my tardiness"Neuvillette says. "Girls, go ahead and join the others"Neuvillette smiled. Harika shuffled forward, the other kids staring at her. "Wanna join us?"Karla beamed. "Yes, we'd like that"Kaida smiled her hands on Harika's shoulder. "What are you?"Glory asks her tail wagging curiously. "I'm a Melusine! My names Joy!"Joy smiled. "Wow, you're so cute!"Tsukiko beamed. Rani and Cassis beamed, Tansy sitting between them with sparkling eyes. Daisy took a bite out of her cookie, watching Joy curiously. "BOYS!" Gabe wrestled with Gin and Geo, the three of them nearly knocking over items.

"Boys, cut that out!"Diluc commands. Domino leaped into the fray, Diluc's eyes widening. "Son not you too!"Diluc scolds rushing over. Thoma left Liz and Lez, coming over to grab Geo. Gorou grabbed his son, lifting him out of the wrestling pile. "Adal.."Wriothesley says his son freezing. Adal looked up at him, Wriothesley shaking his head. "Okay"Adal nods. Roa and Kain laid on their sides, their shoulders pressed together, the two boys laughing as they watched the other dads struggle to get their kids under control. "Shit Xeno!"Kaeya gasped running over. The fight stopped, all eyes on Kaeya. The kids especially stared up at him, their eyes wide. "OOOO! He said a bad word!" Laughter came from the other men, Neuvillette glancing around surprised. "You know what that means, right kids!"Childe grinned. "CAKE HIM!" Harika blinked, wondering what they meant. "Cake him?"Kaida stared Joy curious now.

A cake was quickly carried in by Kaveh and Wriothesley, smiles on their faces. "Wait! I'm sorry, I'll watch my tone!"Kaeya laughed as Zhongli and Thoma grabbed him. They smashed his face into the cake, laughter coming from the kids. Kaeya laughed, wiping cake frosting off his face. "It's always me"Kaeya chuckles Baizhu handing him a napkin. "Watch your mouth then"Childe laughed. "Alright, alright"Kaeya chuckles. "Kids, what do we do after we cake him?"Gorou asks. "Oh no!"Kaeya laughed. "I GOT THE WATER BALLOONS!"Kazuha says coming in with a basket. Kaeya ran outside, the kids chasing after him with water balloons in hand. Childe cheered the others laughing as they watched. Neuvillette stared silently, then looked back at his three girls. "You may join them, if you want"Neuvillette says. "You won't get in trouble, it's a tradition here"Baizhu reassures. Harika grabbed a water balloon, giggling as she ran off with Joy and Kaida. Neuvillette smiled, watching them silently. "This was good for them"Neuvillette mutters.