Chapter 30

Cara walked through the halls in her nightgown, letting out a small yawn as she headed to the kitchen for something to snack on. Her hands rested on her stomach, a small sigh coming from her. "It's a shame really..."Cara mumbles her expression saddening. Something bumped into her and hit the ground, her eyes widening in surprise. Millie pushed herself up, her eyes widening in horror. "Oh honey, are you-"Cara starts reaching for the child. "I'M SORRY!!!" Millie sat on her hands and knees, her head bowed nearly touching the floor. "I was hungry still! S-so I went to grab a loaf of bread! I'm sorry!"Millie cried trembling. Cara lifted her up, giving her a gentle smile as she gently broke the bread into two pieces. "Here eat one at a time, it's not good to stuff yourself full with the whole thing"Cara suggests handing her one of the pieces. She picked the child up, smiling at her. "Eat slowly, little one"Cara smiled walking down the hallway with the surprised girl in her arms.

She looked forward, feeling her drowsiness catch up with her once again. The rest of the day had been filled with taking care of the priests and making sure the orphans were okay, alongside finding another guardian for them. Freyan dropped by for a visit and took the rest of the children with him back to Golden's Grove but she was worried that most wouldn't adjust to the new place without their so called guardians. "Ms." The voice snapped her out of her thoughts finding herself standing in front of a slightly cracked room door. The door swung open, Neuvillette freezing in his tracks when he saw her, relief flashing across his face. "Sorry"Cara smiled placing a hand on his chest. A sigh was the response she got in return causing her to giggle in amusement knowing he must've had a huge start when he found her gone. "Let's all go to sleep together tonight"Cara smiled looking down at Millie. "O-Okay..."Millie mutters as she carried her into the bedroom. "Alright"Cara giggled.

~~~

The sound of music filled a room, Kaida twirling around as she practiced her dancing, her hair gently flowing behind her. She stopped and bowed, clapping coming from Cara and her father. "Oh, Lady Adiva's genes are so strong in you! You'll have to teach me sometime!"Cara praised Harika smiling slightly. "Hari's better, you should see her"Kaida giggled causing Harika's face to turn red. "Oh, I'd love that!"Cara beamed clasping her hands together. She glanced over at Millie and the two boys noticing they seemed uncomfortable. Castiel stared silently as Zareb fidgeted in the outfit he was given to wear by Macy who was assigned their nanny. "Do any of you wanna go next?"Cara smiled standing up, holding her hand out to them. Castiel and Zareb glared at her but Millie grabbed the woman's hand and hopped down shocking the two boys. Tan smiled and played the music, Cara smiling softly as she guided Millie through their little dance. Millie stared down at her feet but raised her gaze, looking up at the smiling woman.

Millie smiled slightly, feeling Cara's hands gently tightening around hers. Cara twirled her and helped her curtsy when the music came to a stop. "You did so well"Cara praised lifting her head. Cara's eyes widened, fear flooding her face. The woman froze then gently brought her hand down, patting the girls head gently. "Good job, sweetheart"Cara praised. The door opened, Macy walking in. "I'm here to pick up the young boys, it's time for lunch and then classes with Haku and his tutor!"Macy informs. "Haku needs to get his head out of those books"Kaida sighed remembering how dedicated Haku had been to his studies when he first started them. "I feel offended"Haku huffs walking into the room. Laughter came from Harika and Kaida, getting a smirk of amusement from their younger brother. His attention turned to Castiel and Zareb. "Wanna do some studying with me outside in the garden?"Haku offers. "Sure.."Zareb mutters hopping down, Castiel beside him.

The trio walked out, Neuvillette watching them go. He stood up, looking at the girls. "I have a full day of work to do, I won't be home until midnight"Neuvillette informs looking apologetic. "It's alright! I'll stay here with the kids and watch over them, you go ahead and do what needs to be done"Cara chuckles patting his chest. "If you ne-"Neuvillette started closing his eyes. He opened them, then looked around surprised. "Bye Neuvillette! Have fun!"Cara calls the girls dragging her away. He blinked in surprise then smiled and walked away down the hall. "Sir." Clorinde came out, looking at him. "What is it?"Neuvillette asks stopping in his tracks. "The new recruits have arrived, the servants and the guards...alongside the boy who was recommended to you to work with me and Wriothesley"Clorinde reports glancing back to see if Harika and Kaida were still around. "Understood..."Neuvillette nods walking away. "You may go see the girls, I'm sure they'd love for you to visit."

~~~

Haku sat with Castiel and Zareb, the trio buried within their books. "You two enjoying those? I can find more books related to those if so"Haku asks lowering his book. "It's okay..."Zareb responds setting his book down. Castiel suddenly tackled Haku down, alarming the male when the duo hit the ground. "What was that for!!?"Haku demands startled as he pushed himself up. A purple dagger hit the ground, Haku's eyes wide as an assassin landed on the table. Haku shot up, grabbing Zareb and Castiel's hands, bolting towards the mansion at full speed. Zareb tripped over himself, his eyes wide as he fell, Haku's head shooting around to look down at him. Arms threw themselves around both boys, the elder boy hauling them up as he ran, his hair flying back. A hand grabbed Haku's hair, his eyes growing bigger as he quickly tossed Zareb and Castiel away before both were grabbed as well. "RUN! HURRY UP!!"Haku yelled his vision glowing as he prepared an attack.

Running feet startled them, gray white hair coming into view followed by a sword. "HAH!!" Haku started in shock, feeling the hand gripping his hair gone. He looked back, finding the assassin spazzing out on the ground foaming at the mouth. The gray white haired male stabbed his sword into the ground, reminding the boy of his fathers signature pose when he had his cane. "HAKU!! BOYS!!"Cara cried carrying Millie as she ran over. "BOYS!!"Cara cried setting Millie down and throwing her arms around them. "You both alright"Harika demands checking their faces. Castiel stared in shock, looking as stunned as Zareb did. "Thank you so much for saving them!"Cara says turning to the male. "My name is Gavin, ma'am and it was my pleasure"The male greets. Hands pulled Cara back, Neuvillette standing there staring Gavin down. "You were supposed to be at the courthouse, not here bothering my family"Neuvillette frowned. "Apologies...but I have a question for the miss here"Gavin mutters Cara perking up. "Are you infertile?"Gavin asks causing the woman's eyes to widen.