Chapter 2

Harika sat in Neuvillette's lap, smiling as he read the book to her, Tan and Macy watching the two cautious of the man. "And they lived happily ever after.."Neuvillette mutters closing the book. "I love happy endings!"Harika beamed clapping. He stared down at her, Macy starting forward when he raised his hand. She froze as Neuvillette patted the girls head, a small smile on his face. He stood up, carrying her in his arms through the garden. "I want Papa to carry me like this every day!"Harika beamed. "Alright.."Neuvillette mutters. "Sir, we have guests!" Damion walked over, Wriothesly and his partner coming over. Mabel stared in shock, Wriothesley staring with wide eyes. "Let me take her!"Wriothesley says quickly, rushing over looking fearful. Neuvillette turned away, dodging the mans hands with narrowed eyes. "I can carry her"Neuvillette says placing a hand on Harika's shoulder, Wriothesley stiffening as his eyes darted between the mans hand and Harika.

Mabel hurried over to Macy, her eyes wide as she grabbed her sisters hands with wide worried eyes. "Why does she have her?!"Mabel demands gripping the younger girls hands. "He came out of his office and Harika told him to read to her.."Macy mutters looking worried. "But..didn't he try to strangle her when she was a week old?!"Mabel demands looking at Tan then back at Macy. Macy looked down, Tan placing his hands on her shoulders to calm her. "I don't want her near her as much as the rest of the servants...we're all frightened that he might snap again like that..."Tan whispers. "Hey Hari.."Wriothesley says. "Hi Uncle Wrio!"Harika beamed. "You doing okay? Do you feel safe?"Wriothesley asks. She blinked, looking confused by his question but she nodded in response, causing the man to relax. "Happy birthday"Wriothesley says Mabel coming over with a forced smile. Harika beamed, taking the butterfly hair clip. "Pretty!"Harika beamed. "Was my book not ideal for you?" She looked up, her eyes widening slightly as Neuvillette stared her down.

Macy rushed over, taking Harika from the man. She hugged the startled child close, scowling at the silent man. "Did I do something wrong?"Neuvillette asks reaching to take the child back. Wriothesley stepped in front of Macy and Harika, looking cautious. "I'll take her, Monsieur Neuvillette...you can return to your office..."Macy says turning away, Harika gripping her sleeves. "Hand her to me." She flinched, Tan gently bringing her back, Harika looking around confused about everyone's fearful and cautious looks. "Nanny Macy..."Harika says wondering why the woman was shaking. "Neuvillette"Wriothesley says warning in his tone. Tension rose, Neuvillette staring at Wriothesley with narrowed eyes, Mabel grabbing her husbands arm looking worried. "Sir." Uru walked over and bowed her head when the man turned to her, not an ounce of fear in her tone or posture. "Furina says a trial is starting, since you're out of the office...it's best you oversee it.."Uru informs. Neuvillette glanced at Harika then walked away.

"Is everybody okay?!"Uru demands her eyes wide as she rushed over. "Harika, are you okay, let me see!"Uru demands looking fearful. "I'm fine, Uru.."Harika blinked surprised. Tan sighed, letting his shoulders drop. She looked around at everyone who seemed less fearful compared to before, feeling the tension lift a more relaxed air surrounding them all. "Why did everyone look scared of Papa?"Harika asks Uru stiffening. Uru forced a smile, taking Harika from Macy. "Monsieur Neuvillette isn't good at connecting with emotions...a small incident happened a while back...Macy stopped him when he didn't know he was feeling grief and rage.."Uru explains. "Oh..well, I wanna help Papa!"Harika says. Uru perked up, looking surprised. "I'll help Papa connect with his emotions!"Harika beamed her eyes sparkling. Mabel smiled at the beaming child and sighed. "Didn't Adiva say something similar?"Mabel giggled Wriothesley nodding in response.

Uru set Harika down, smiling as the child ran away with a big smile on her face. "Hari!"Macy laughed chasing after her with Tan. "Can't catch me!!"Harika yells beaming at them both. Harika squealed, Tan catching her but he let her go giving her a head start before chasing after her, Macy laughing as she watched the two. Harika crashed into someone, and fell back onto her bottom. "Ow.."Harika mutters. "How amusing..are you alright." She looked up a boy a year older than her with white hair and red eyes smiling down at her, holding his hand out. "Oh yes...who are you.."Harika blinked taking his hand. He hauled her up and smiled down at her, his eyes glowing red. "My name is Anubis...and you...are now mine"The boy grinned. "Harika! Kiddo, where are you!" Harika turned towards Tan's voice, then turned back to Anubis only to find him gone. She stared in surprise, her eyes wide. "Harika!" She turned, hurrying back, Tan smiling when she leaped up into his arms. "Hey little lady!"Tan grinned. He held her up, carrying her as they walked inside.

Crickets chirped, Harika sleeping in bed, hugging her stuffed bear. The window slowly swung open, an adult Anubis landing, a smile on his face. The man walked over, and looked down at her in amusement, kneeling down beside her bed. "My cute little hydro.."Anubis mutters his expression softening. He touched some of her hair, Harika stirring in her sleep. A hand grabbed him by his throat, Neuvillette holding him up in the air, staring up at him. "Why are you in my childs room touching her hair.."Neuvillette demands tightening his grip around the mans throat. Anubis simply smiled and turned into a cloud of smoke, startling the man when he took off out the window. Neuvillette narrowed his eyes, and shut the window, locking it. "Papa." He turned, Harika rubbing her eyes. He walked over, placing a hand on her head. "Sleep.."Neuvillette mutters. Harika closed her eyes, her side rising and falling as drifted off. He sat beside her, gently patting her back watching as she child slept.