Chapter 28

Kaida laughed, beaming as she made flower crowns with the girls, her eyes sparkling. "Where's Daisy, Mister Kaeya?"Harika asks curiously. "Daisy's no longer attending she's twenty years old now kiddo!"Kaeya responds giving her an apologetic smile. "She wished you happy birthday though and sent a gift ahead of time!" Gabe looked at her, noticing her expression. "How come she's not attending?"Kaida asks wondering what age had to do with everything. "Kids apart of the Dad Association stick around until they're twenty years old! I'm nineteen so I'll be leaving soon too!"Tsukiko explains lifting a finger. Neuvillette smiled, then perked up looking behind him, his eyes widening. "Father-"Kaida begins turning around. She perked up finding him gone, her head turning around as her eyes scanned everyone in search of the man. Her head snapped over to Harika, finding her sister sneaking away. Rising to her feet, and quickly followed wondering where she was going.

"I am so sorry! I had no idea it was today!" Harika peeked out, a branch on her head, her eyes widening. "It's fine"Neuvillette responds looking down at a blond haired woman. "And...you were not lying when you said your hair changes color depending on whether it's night or day"Neuvillette adds touching the womans hair. Kaida popped up beside Harika, the two watching them. "I apologize again, but I wish you mentioned the party would've been today"Cara sighs looking ashamed. "Apologies"Neuvillette says. "I should hurry and leave, congrats to your daughters"Cara suggests. She turned around and shrieked in surprise at the sight of Harika and Kaida standing there. "Hello"Kaida greets Harika looking curious. She stared at them both with wide eyes, tears threatening to fall. "Girls, she-"Neuvillette begins his eyes widening. Cara turned and ran away, her hair flying behind her. "Papa-"Harika starts. Neuvillette held his hand up and shook his head. "Let's return to the party."

~~~~~

Harika laid in bed, staring at the ceiling silently. She glanced at Kaida who was peacefully fast asleep and then hopped out of bed putting on her boots and grabbing her cloak. She quickly left her room heading down the hallway to the front doors. "Where are you going?" Haku stood there, ten books in hand and dark bags barely visible under his eyes. "Ah...I uhm"Harika mutters fiddling with her nightgown. Haku scanned her from head to toe, then waved her away. "Go, hurry before I change my mind"Haku smirked. She beamed at him and quickly left, gripping her cloak hood as she ran down the path leaving the estate. She slowed to a walk, allowing herself to catch her breath as she walked looking around curiously. White made made her perk up, her eyes widening at the familiar purple eyes. "M-Ms Cara!" Cara turned around, her hair turning black as her eyes widened. The woman turned and bolted, startling her. Harika yelped as someone bumped into her right before she could follow, knocking her over. 

She looked up, her eyes wide, finding the mocking gazes of a few passing travelers looking down at her. "You should watch where you're going." She narrowed her eyes, an expressionless look on her face as her eyes glowed, water starting to swirl around her wrists. A figure stepped in front of her, her gaze lifting finding Cara standing there with angry narrowed eyes. "Do not mock this child"Cara warns coldly. She stared the passerby's down, forcing them to walk away then whipped around. Harika's eyes widened, Cara's hand flying up. "Are you alright?" Cara cupped her face in her hands, looking worried. "Yes..."Harika blinked surprised. "Why are you out here by yourself? It's dangerous"Cara scolds helping the teen stand up. "I wanted to talk with you about earlier...about why you ran away..."Harika answered glancing down. Cara blinked twice, then smiled softly. "I had lost my children, they were your age....I..I got reminded of them when I saw you two.."Cara smiled looking regretful.

"Me and my babies had a fight, I cried everyday knowing that I would never be able to apologize to them..."Cara mutters. Harika looked down, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry-"Harika begins raising her head. Cara hugged her, patting her back smiling. "Don't apologize, you didn't know so there is no need for you so tell me you're sorry"Cara smiled moving back. "Let's get you home." She walked beside Harika, glaring at any travelers they passed by. Music reached the two, Harika's eyes lighting up. She grabbed Cara's hands, beaming as she pulled her to dance. Cara stared in stunned shock before laughter started coming from her, a wide smile on the woman's face as the two danced. She held Harika's hands, their hair flowing behind the two. "Ah!"Harika gasped as Cara tripped. Arms caught her, Neuvillette smiling as he steadied her. "Dancing without us, that hurts"Kaida laughed Haku smiling behind her. Harika hid behind Cara, a giggle coming from the woman. Neuvillette gave her an amused look then chuckled. "Let's just enjoy tonight, shall we?"

~~~~~

Kaeya blinked, looking at the other dads and their kids silently. Harika smiled, Kaida standing beside her glad they could get everyone gathered here. "We have a surprise for the single parents!"Kaida smiled looking at Harika then back at the gathered association. Cyno, Kaveh, Childe, Baizhu, Albedo and Kazuha all frowned at the two a few of them looking offended. Childe's eyes suddenly blew wide, slowly stepping forward. Harika smiled, finding the timing perfect. She turned around, finding a glowing white haired woman with green eyes standing there. "Dove?"Childe mumbles stepping closer. Dove held her arms out, Childe sprinting over to her. Cyno perked up, his eyes widening before running over to Sakura when she appeared. "Baizhu." Baizhu perked up, slowly stepping forward before his pace quickened, throwing his arms around a gray haired woman. "Shuli..."Baizhu mumbles. Albedo ran past, embracing a dark green haired woman. "Rumi..."Albedo says staring at her stunned.

"Mei!"Kazuha smiled Mei placing a hand on his cheek. Harika smiled, Cara and Neuvillette walking over with Haku. Kaveh stared then looked down. Hands touched his back, his eyes wide as he whipped around finding a blond haired woman who liked like an exact copy of Karla standing there. "Kaveh"Hilma smiled her eyes lighting up. He stared at her then reached forward and hugged her tight, tears falling down his cheeks. "Neuvillette." Adiva walked over, a beaming Joy beside her. "JOY!"Kaida beamed running over, Harika with her. "Harika, Kaida!"Joy beamed as the two hugged her. Adiva held Cara's hands, smiling warmly at her. "Take care of this one, he can be stubborn at times and tends to spoil people"Adiva smiled Cara giggling in response. Cara nodded to Harika, Kaida and Haku. "You have wonderful kids"Cara smiled looking fond of them. "It'll take some time for them to really accept me but I'm willing to put the work in"Cara adds. Adiva smiled and gave a small nod. "I'm leaving them in your care"Adiva says.

She let go of Cara's hands and turned away, walking back towards the forest. "Take care of yourselves"Rumi smiled looking at Albedo and Sina. "Yes Mom"Sina nods smiling. Hilma pressed kisses to Karla's face trying to make up for lost time. She smiled, brushing the girl's hair back. "Be good, alright?"Hilma smiled. Kaveh smiled and dipped his head, Hilma pressing a kiss to his cheek. Mei patted Roa and Kain's heads, giggling in amusement at how big the two boys have grown. Kazuha smiled, standing beside her as he watched. Dove giggled, smiling at the three girls in front of her, a proud smile on her face. "They've been trouble"Childe smiled. "Just like you, hon"Dove snorts giggling. Gabe and Cyno hugged Sakura, the woman laughing when the two refused to let her go. "Oh my babies"Sakura chuckles. Shuli fixed Tansy's hair and pressed a kiss to the girls head. "You're so beautiful, my baby"Shuli smiled her eyes watering. "She takes well after her mother"Baizhu comments.

Adiva looked back, smiling as the women started to join her. She smiled and turned, walking into the woods, slowly fading away. "Girls." Harika and Kaida looked over finding Childe bowing his head to them. "Thank you..."Childe mutters a small smile on his face. He lifted his head, turned and walked away over to his daughters. "Let's head home"Baizhu says Tansy beaming up at him. Baizhu nodded gratefully to the two girls, leaving with Tansy in tow. "Thank you both"Albedo mutters Sina smiling at him. "I thank you as well"Kazuha nods smiling slightly. Kaveh smiled gratefully at the two, placing a hand on their heads. "Thanks girls"Kaveh smiled Cyno walking over. "Yes, thank you"Cyno mutters Gabe glancing at him. "Anytime!"Harika beamed. "We're happy to help"Kaida nods beaming. Haku threw his arms around his sisters necks, grinning at them both expecting praise. "Hey shorty"Harika smiled. "How's the breeze down there"Kaida smirked. "RUDE!"Haku cried Cara and Neuvillette chuckling behind them.