Chapter 5

Harika carried flowers, a smile on her face. "Papa!" Neuvillette looked up from the documents, a small smile on his face. "Where'd you get those"Neuvillette asks setting the paperwork down. He picked her up, settling her down on his lap, watching as she weaved the flowers into a crown. "Uru gave them to me!"Harika beamed. She reached up and placed the flower crown on his head. Her father chuckled, fixing the crown. "Thank you, it's pretty"Neuvillette praised. Harika smiled up at him, watching as he went back to his work. "What's that?"Harika asks curiously looking at the liquid in the tea cup. "Peach rose tea"Neuvillette answers. He handed her the cup, blowing on the liquid inside. "Try it." She blinked and lifted the cup to her lips, taking a sip. "Wow! It feels like I'm in the spring!"Harika gasped. The cup was suddenly snatched from her, her eyes widening slightly in surprise. "I don't think you should have any tea for now, some is not good for kids"Neuvillette mutters Harika noticing the guilty look on his face.

Harika looked down, feeling bad now wondering if she did something that made him have any bad memories. "Papa." He glanced down at her, setting the empty tea cup down. "I'm sorry if I did something wrong"Harika says. "You did nothing, I just suddenly remembered most teas can't be good for kids, that is my fault"Neuvillette sighs. She wrapped her arms around his neck, his hand gently patting her back. "Uru says it might be good for you to have a playmate, is it lonely for you around the house"Neuvillette says. "I like playing with everyone...but it is lonely for me"Harika nodded. "Your mother had a cousin named Hilma, I heard she was expecting a daughter as well, I've sent letters but I haven't gotten any replies from her"Neuvillette informs looking thoughtful. He perked up and picked Harika up, settling her down. "I'll be back, play right here"Neuvillette says. He walked away. Leaving her by the table. Harika stared after him, looking curious about where he was heading off to.

Harika giggled, gently wobbling the flower by poking me. "Hey." Anubis smiled down at her, his hands clasped behind his back his eyes now a bright crystal blue. "When..."Harika blinked startled as she shot to her feet. Anubis laughed, a smile on his face clear amusement in his tone. She hadn't seen him since she was sick three days ago from falling into the water. "I got here just now, I wanted to see you!"Anubis smirked stepping closer. He grabbed her hand, pressing a kiss to the back of it. "Honestly, I miss you Harika..."Anubis chuckles. She stared at him in confusion, wondering what he'd been doing to miss her. She shook it off, wondering what was taking her dad so long. She stared in shock, finding Anubis gone. "Harika."

Neuvillette walked over, the child running over to him. He kneeled down, holding his arms out to her. A smile appeared on his face when she leaped into his arms, giving him a tight squeeze. "I brought you a friend"Neuvillette smiled setting her down. She perked up, a strange creature peeking out from behind the man. "She's a Melusine, Harika"Neuvillette explains at the child's confusion. "She's so pretty!"Harika beamed as the Melusine stepped fully out from behind the man. "Harika meet Joy, she's agreed to become your playmate"Neuvillette says. "Hi"Joy greets. Harika threw her arms around Joy, hugging her new friend. "I can't wait to play with you!"Harika beamed. "Monsieur!" Uru walked over, carrying a letter. "This arrived from someone apart of something called the Dad Association, it looked somewhat important"Uru informs handing it to him.

Harika and Joy both stood on their tip toes, trying to look at the letter. "Can we see!"Joy asks. "Yeah, we wanna see it Papa! Can we, can we!"Harika smiled. Neuvillette smiled at them both, seeing how similar they were in personality, and kneeled down, opening it. He silently stares at the letter, Harika and Joy staring at him awaiting his next words. "Harika, we've been invited to join them in four days, they'll be meeting in Liyue for the next meeting"Neuvillette informs hiding his surprise that such an invitation arrived. "Are you gonna attend?"Uru asks curiously. He closed his eyes, pondering the question then opened them, turning his gaze to the two girls in front of him. "Harika, Joy, would you like to go?"Neuvillette asks lowering the letter. "There will be other kids there, you both can make friends and learn new things from the other kids attending"Neuvillette adds on. Harika stared, her and Joy looking at each other. "Do you wanna go, Harika?"Joy asks. "I do, do you?"Harika responds. "Yes!"Joy beamed. Harika and Joy looked at Neuvillette, both nodding looking excited for the meet up. "We wanna go!" Uru chuckled, a hand resting on her chest, taking note that Neuvillette took Harika's personality and enjoyments into account when searching for a Melusine to play with his daughter. Neuvillette looked down at the letter, noticing there was a list of the dads and their children, alongside who was hosting this times meet up.

Cyno
-Gabe(Son)

Kaeya
-Daisy(Daughter)
-Xeno(Son)

Zhongli(Host)
-Tsukiko(Daughter)

Xiao
-Delta(Son)
-Rani(Daughter)
-Cassis(Daughter)

Thoma
-Liz(Daughter)
-Lez(Daughter)
-Geo(Son)

Storm
-Nevada(Daughter)

Razor
-Hazel(Daughter)

Tighnari
-Penny(Daughter)

Childe
-Missy(Daughter)
-Prissy(Daughter)
-Honey(Daughter)

Gorou
-Gia(Daughter)
-Glory(Daughter)
-Gin(Son)

Diluc
-Darla(Daughter)
-Domino(Son)

Kaveh
-Karla(Daughter)

Wriothesley
-Liliana(Daughter)
-Adela(Daughter)
-Adal(Son)

Baizhu
-Tansy(Daughter)

Albedo
-Sina(Daughter)

Kazuha
-Roa(Son)
-Kain(Son)

Neuvillette stared at the names, having heard of some of these people but not all of them. Harika ran around with Joy, a wide smile on her face as the two ran through the garden together, laughter erupting from them both. "Pack for Harika and Joy, make sure there are plenty of snacks, we'll leave tomorrow afternoon"Neuvillette orders turning away. Uru bowed her head, smiling slightly. "Understood." He suddenly stopped, and frowned at the strange aura. "Harika, Joy! You two stay in the sunlight!"Neuvillette orders. "Yes Papa!" "Okay Monsieur Nevuillette!" The two rushed off, laughter coming from them as Uru walked after the two girls in amusement. He turned and walked away, his eyes narrowed as the ominous aura got stronger. "GIRLS!" Harika and Joy looked back, freezing in place. Joy perked up, noticing something moving. "HARIKA!!" She shoved Harika down, her eyes wide as the creature lunged at them. Uru moved in front of the two, dirt flying up as a figure landed on the beast.

Neuvillette stared at the shadow creature, watching as it faded away, his eyes narrowed. "Are you three okay? I apologize for being so slow.."Neuvillette sighed. Uru hugged Harika and Joy, tears of relief falling down her cheeks. "You're both okay! Thank Archons!"Uru mutters. He stared at the three, pondering on how to make the situation better, something Adiva suggested he tried frequently. "Uru, did you finish the picnic stuff? Why don't we all take a break and head to a special spot"Neuvillette suggests feeling the ominous aura subside albeit slowly. "Oh yes, I had placed it on the tea table.."Uru nods standing up still tense. "Call Tan and Damion, Macy and Rosetta as well, we'll all take a vacation"Neuvillette smiled. He turned away and halted after three steps, looking back at the elderly woman. "And...I wish to repay you all for putting up with me and taking care of Harika." He walked off, Harika staring after him looking curious. Anubis watched from the top of the building, biting his nail. "Idiot..I'll make you suffer"Anubis snarled.