Chapter 1

Running feet echoed down a hall way, a five year old girl sliding to a stop in front of a room door. "PAPAAA!"Harika beamed. Silence followed before footsteps approached from the otherside. "Yes?" She beamed, her eyes sparkling when he replied. "Today's my fifth birthday!"Harika beamed. She perked up, the door cracking open, a small gift being pushed out. The door quickly shut, the small girl perking up when she noticed white hair. "Papa, can I see your face"Harika asks. "No." She stared, then looked down. "Okay.."Harika mutters. She picked the gift up and headed down the hallway, her hair swaying behind her. "Hari!"Macy beamed standing beside a grey haired male. "Macy! Tan!"Harika beamed. "HEY HARI!"Tan laughed hauling her up onto his shoulders. He chuckled, always amused by her startled expressions. "Garden!"Harika beamed. "Your wish is my command!"Tan grinned. He zoomed down the hallway, Macy giggling as he made bird noises.

Uru looked over in amusement when the three approached. Tan came to a halt, and lifted Harika off his shoulders. "Papa gave me a gift again!"Harika smiled. "Oh, another gift came in just a few minutes ago!"Uru smiled. Rosette walked over, carrying a cage with a yellow songbird in it. "Oh my!"Macy stared surprised. "Who bought that?"Tan says surprised sticking a finger through the bars, the bird landing on his finger. "Mon-"Rosette started. "There's more!" Harika turned, a golden blond haired male kneeling down beside her with a smile. "Lady Harika, your father has spoiled you quite a lot this year!"Damion beamed pointing behind him. "Holy archons!"Rosette gasped at the sight of the gifts being carried in. "There's dresses, shoes, jewelry, and a whole lot more!"Damion chuckled. "Wanna go pick a few things out, they're gonna be transferred to your room?"Damion asks. "Yes!"Harika nodded. Tan picked her up before Damion could, smirking when the blond whined in protest. "I wanted to carry her ladyship!"Damion says. "Too slow"Tan teased.

Harika laughed, Tan carrying her on his shoulders, holding her hands up, keeping her steady. "Looks like someone's been spoiled this year, there's usually one gift." Furina walked over, looking at the gifts amused. "Yep, her ladyship is her fathers precious girl!"Damion chuckled as Tan set the child down. Harika looked over all the gifts, her eyes wide in amazement. She looked at a few of the dresses curiously, noticing a lot of the outfits came from Liyue. "Your mother was from Liyue, your father must've wanted you to feel closer to her!"Macy smiled noticing her curiosity. Harika nodded, looking down surprised. "Can I take wear these five dresses?"Harika asks. Macy nodded, looking relieved. "Happy birthday"Furina says holding out a purple shawl to the child. Harika perked up, noticing the nervous expressions on the others faces at the sight of the item. She reached up, taking the item from the woman, wondering why they seemed nervous about it. "I-I'll take that in with the other stuff.."Damion mutters.

Neuvillette stared out the window silently, the door opening and closing behind him. "She enjoys her gifts"Uru informs bowing her hand. She stared at him, watching the man silently. "Does she know about that shawl?"Neuvillette asks. "No"Uru responds. He nodded, staring at the laughing girl. "You should try again and show her your face, she won't be afraid a second time"Uru suggests. "That's half of the reason I locked myself up." She perked up, looking curious. "Harika...she's capable of making the same expressions as her mother, she's able to make each of them perfectly and that look of fear when she saw me.." Uru looked down, and sighed turning away. "Fine, but that child will grow up to not know the face of her father, and I'm pretty sure by her sixth birthday she'd stop visiting"Uru smiled glancing back just in time to see him flinch. She walked out and shut the room door behind her, sighing quietly hoping that'd prompt him to come out.

"Uru!" Harika beamed, running over to her, reaching for the woman. Uru smiled but the door swung open behind her, causing the head maid to fall backwards, her eyes widening. Harika froze, her eyes widening as the elder woman fell. "MS URU!"Damion yells lunging forward with Tan to grab her before she got hurt. Hands caught her by the shoulders, steadying her. "My apologies.."Neuvillette apologizes. He stepped out and froze, staring down at Harika alarmed to see her. Harika stared at him, holding a fantasy book in hand. Macy stared, reaching forward to grab the child and pull her back. "Papa." Harika stared up at him, recognizing his voice instantly. Neuvillette stared down at her, Uru glancing up at him wondering what was going through his head. "Yes.."Neuvillette responds quietly. Harika walked forward, and held her book out to him, beaming up at the man. "Read to me!"Harika smiled her eyes sparkling. The man blinked, Tan coughing to hide his amusement, earning a kick of warning to the ankle from Rosette.

"Monsieur Neuvillette you don't have to, I'll read to her!"Macy says stepping forward. Furina grabbed Macy's arm, and shook her head. "But-"Macy stared. Neuvillette suddenly picked Harika up, holding her with one arm. "Are you scared?"Neuvillette asks. Harika shook her head, curious about why he asked. Her father turned and carried her down the hallway, Macy and Tan hurrying after them. "S-Sir, wait!"Tan says surprised. Harika blinked, then smiled slightly. "Sir maybe I should carry her"Tan suggests. The man halted, Tan blinking twice. "Step away"Neuvillette orders quietly. Tan perked up but stepped back, sensing a protective aura surround the man. Macy stared in surprise, but hurried after him when Neuvillette started to walk again. "Did you enjoy your gifts?"Neuvillette asks looking down at her. "Yes! The dresses were really pretty, I loved them!"Harika beamed. "I'll find more then.."Neuvillette says. She beamed, and wrapped her arms around his neck, kicking her feet as she squished her cheek against his shoulder.