Chapter 29

Cara smiled, helping Haku with his homework. "Thank you.."Haku smiled giving her a grateful look. Cara nodded and stood up, leaving the boys little library, having gotten the whole place memorized despite being here for only two days. She smiled, hands on her hips proudly. "I got this Adiva!"Cara smiled looking determined. She hurried to Neuvillette's office, smiling. This morning she had helped Kaida and Harika choose the dresses they wanted to wear and joined them for tea time when their father got too busy with his work then she joined Haku and helped him with his homework assigned by his tutors even though she wasn't the smartest herself. "Are you sure?" She stopped, looking curious then walked closer. She peeked in, finding Harika doing paperwork with Neuvillette. "They called themselves Priests, and said they take care of orphan children, gave Macy this letter to ask for permanent stay in Fontaine"Harika nods. Haruka frowned, leaning back.

"I don't trust it, some of the 'priest' staff look sketchy"Harika comments narrowing her eyes. Neuvillette tapped a finger on his desk and rose to his feet. "Perhaps we should pay them a visit, Hari"Neuvillette suggests looking down at her. Harika smiled and rose to her feet, nodding to him. "I'll go!" Cara stood there, her eyes narrowed. The two stared at her then proceeded to cast a glance at the others. "I-I know I'm not good around kids because...well..BUT I still want to try! Let me go with Harika!"Cara says quickly before either could protest. "Harika..."Neuvillette says looking at her for her decision. Harika sighed and nodded, Cara smiling widely at her. "But! If you get uncomfortable tell me so we can turn around!"Harika bargains placing her hands on her hips, giving the woman a firm look. "Of course, don't worry, I'll speak up if anything happens little one"Cara giggled finding the girls firmness adorable. The two left the room, heading to get prepared for their visit.

~~~~~~~

Harika walked beside Cara wearing a dress designed to look like Neuvillette's for whenever she's out and about in Fontaine. Cara glanced down at the girl, and perked up. "Oh, you have a hydro vision!"Cara beamed clasping her hands together. "Oh yeah, I got mines when I was twelve, it's been useful in honing my power"Harika smiled giving her a small nod. "Twelve!? That's amazing, how did you get it?"Cara gasped started having only met Klee before. "I was sorta messing around with the Primordial Sea water in order to get some of it to stop Anubis and save my home, I remember thinking about how badly I wanted things to return to normal and how much I missed seeing Papa..that's when my vision flickered on and glowed! I walked out of the sea with Tsunami at my side, Kaida's vision glowed afterwards and we made a brand new seal to keep Anubis and the sea in"Harika smiled. Cara smiled, her expression softening as she reached over and patted the girls head.

"You and Kaida did so well, that was an amazing accomplishment you two earned"Cara praised looking proud of her. Harika giggled, looking embarrassed. "Hah, Fontaine celebrated for three days straight, everyone kept praising us"Harika says looking flustered about the whole ordeal. Cara giggled, now seeing why Harika decided to wear a hood. "I can understand why"Cara giggled giving her a teasing smile. Harika stopped, looking at a large building with now narrowed eyes, her face holding home to no expression. Cara stared at her in surprise now understanding the servants when they said that Harika takes more after her father than mother. "Your father tells me you make your mothers expressions, but you have your fathers expressionless look"Cara teased giggling. Harika's face grew red, the girl quickly turning away. "Let's go inside"Harika suggests hurrying away. Cara walked after her amused by how easy the girl gets flustered. "Just like Neuvillette"Cara giggles.

Harika looked around then perked up, noticing familiar hair. Daisy turned around, her eyes widening in surprise. "Harika!"Daisy beamed running over to her. "Daisy!"Harika beamed taking the girls hands. The two laughed, jumping up and down in a circle, bright smiles on their faces. "Sorry for not coming to your birthday! I joined the knights like my father and I've been busy because I want to raise my rank quickly! I hope you got my gift!"Daisy smiled rubbing the back of her head. "Yes, I loved the necklace!"Harika giggled Daisy sighing in relief. "Welcome!" Harika and Daisy's faces turned expressionless, both standing side by side as a priest approached them. Cara walked over, glancing at the two girls but hid her amusement well. "My name is Roxie, it is a pleasure to meet you"The woman greets bowing her head. "I will show you all around! Follow me!"Roxie beamed turning away, beckoning to the other side. The trio followed, Harika walking in the lead with Daisy behind her.

Harika placed a hand behind her back as Roxie chatted away about what their purpose with the children was and why they wished to reside in Fontaine. Daisy glanced down, seeing Harika with two fingers and a thumb out. She easily slipped away, Cara looking surprised as she watched the girl leave. Harika looked around, her eyes darting about the area, taking in the smiling and laughing kids. Daisy returned in no time flat and put a pinkie out, getting a nod in return. Cara blinked, wondering if she was really even needed for this. A child bumped into her, surprising her for a second. "A-Are you alright"Cara asks her hand trembling when she reached for the boy. She swallowed, feeling her heart threaten to leap out of her chest. The boy stared at her, then turned and ran away leaving her stunned and confused. She perked up, looked down and noticed something sticking to her dress. Carefully pulling it off and gazed at the piece of paper, her eyes widening in alarm.

~~~~~~~

"What is the meaning of this!?" Wriothesley stayed silent, watching his kids help with the arrest. "You're all under arrest for child abuse"Cara scowled stepping forward. She showed Roxie the picture, causing the priests eyes to widen in shock. "Did you not think you'd get caught if you come here...or did you think the justice system here was a joke?"Cara demands. Roxie stayed silent, looking disbelieving as her eyes stayed trained on the photo being held out in front of her. The woman trembled, sitting on her knees as Liliana cuffed her. "That's the last of them, old man!"Adal reports saluting his father, a geo vision attached to the back of his glove. Harika walked out, carrying the child from the photo, two boys following behind her. "On your knees now!"Daisy orders forcing one of the angry priests down. Neuvillette walked over, Clorinde following behind him. "Good job"Clorinde praised smiling. "It was Cara"Harika smiled Cara looking flustered.

Neuvillette looked at her and smiled slightly walking over. "I'm impressed." Cara perked up, her cheeks turning red. Kaida and Harika grinned at the two adults, Haku making ropes with the help of his anemo vision just behind the two but there was a little smirk on his face. "Oh, what's your names?"Cara asks turning to the three kids. The two boys shielded the trembling girl, murderous glares on their faces startling her. Silence came from her before she smiled and crouched down, reaching forward. The two boys flinched but their eyes widened when her hands gently touched their shoulders. "I wish to help, please tell me"Cara smiled doing her best to control the urge to run away. "I'm Castiel, he's Zareb and she's Millie." Cara's expression turned more gentle and she stood up. "Neuvi...I-"Cara begins. "I will begin the process, it'll be done quickly with Harika's help"Neuvillette smiled understanding. She smiled at him, then turned to the three kids. "Lets take you to your new home."