Chapter 22

Kaida held her hand up, Seashell watching her as she focused on the dirty water in front of her. "She has not an ounce of water dragon in her"Furina sighed Deslyn standing close to her. "I was hoping she would.."Macy mutters ashamed now. "How's Harika doing with those documents? Does she need help?"Tan asks as Damion walked in. "Clorinde and Wriothesley are both helping her at this very moment"Damion reports saluting his senior. Tan nodded, looking relieved since the past week had been filled with Harika working on the stacks of documents and Kaida practicing with her power and checking in on Neuvillette's whereabouts. Footsteps came from the hall, everyone's attention coming from the door. "Wriothesley, where are you going"Deslyn demands stepping out into the hallway. Wriothesley stopped, wearing a cloak and looked at him. "We got a mysterious letter to Harika, I'm going to check it out"Wriothesley responds. "I'll come with you"Deslyn insists fixing his cloak.

"Absolutely not! Weren't you just worrying about loosing me and the baby!? You think I want you going out into a possibly dangerous situation!"Furina protests grabbing his cloak. The man turned and hugged her, his hand resting on her back. "You know I always come back, no matter what happens"Deslyn grinned getting an unsure look from her. He leaned down, smiling at her reassuringly. "I always come back, Furina"Deslyn reminds placing her hand over his heart. "Fine, be quick about it though"Furina sighed giving in. Deslyn nodded, and booped her nose. He turned, pulling his hood up as he walked out after Wriothesley. "Where's the meeting spot, letters like this have secret meeting spots?"Deslyn asks looking at the man next to him. "Some run down building, stay on guard it might be Anubis, seems like he's turned hostile"Wriothesley responds lifting his hood up. "Over a simple rejection, what a pathetic demon"Deslyn says looking disgusted.

~~~~~

Wriothesley entered the rundown building, looking around silently. "Hey! Come out, I know you're here!"Deslyn calls drawing his sword. A figure wearing long white robes that had gray and pink highlights stepped out from behind a pillar, white wings on their back. Cobalt blue hair reached down to their waist, wide gray eyes on the two men. "You're Haku, that winged demon, why did you send this to Harika..."Wriothesley frowned his eyes narrowed. Haku mumbled something, his body visibly trembling. "Speak up, demon!"Deslyn commands stepping forward. "You...need to run.."Haku mumbles looking fearful. "What are you talking about, why would we run from you"Deslyn huffed looking irked. "RUN!"Haku yelled reaching for them. A figure leaped down, slicing Deslyn's chest, Wriothesley's eyes widening as he looked over, blood splattering on his face and clothes. "DESLYN!" Anubis laughed, his hands turning black as he whipped around and slashed Wriothesley right across his face, giving him no time to respond.

~~~~~

Scribbling filled the room, Harika focusing on the paperwork in front of her. Clorinde stood beside her, watching her and correcting any mistakes she was about to make. "This should be the last ones for today, you'll be able to take a rest"Clorinde informs setting down the last stack of papers. "Alright"Harika nods wondering how Kaida was doing with her training. A scream made her and Clorinde look up, the sound of panicked yelling following. Harika shot up, hurrying out of her room. Roa and Gabe rushed past, a flash of bandages and other medical supplies startling her. "Who's hurt..."Harika mumbles hoping Anubis didn't injure anyone too badly. She ran down the hallway, her heels clicking quickly against the floor. Clorinde ran after her, the two following Gabe ad Roa. Roa reached a room first, Gabe following behind him. "DESLYN!" Harika stared in shock, Deslyn laying in bed Furina's wide eyes on him as Macy and Tan tried to stop the bleeding.

Wriothesly sat in a chair, bandages covering his eyes, blood staining the cloth. Harika hurried over to Furina, placing her hands on her aunts shoulder. "Deslyn, you idiot!"Furina cried gripping the mans hands. "I should've never let you go!" Kaida rushed in, her hair flying behind her as she entered the room. "What happened to them!?"Kaida demands startled. "Anubis attacked them both...the winged demon was with him.."Damion responds looking over at the two. "Move outta my way." Kaida whipped around, Roa looking over. A boy who looked the same age as Harika and Kaida walked in, golden blond hair flowing down his back to his knees, cold yellow green eyes looking at Deslyn. "Who are you!? Stay away from him if you won't reveal your identity!!"Furina yells moving in front of her husband, holding her arms out. "Aunt Furina, we should-"Harika starts. "NO! I won't lose Deslyn! After everything he did for me so we can be together!"Furina snapped the blond staring her down.

"H-He gave up everything for me!! He gave up his place in his family and his place as a knight because he wanted to be with me!"Furina went on tears falling down his cheeks. Silence came from the blond, a look of pure irritation on his face. "He killed his uncle and ran away with me...I can't.."Furina mumbles Macy pulling her into a hug. The blond sighed and pulled out a gun immediately firing a shot at Deslyn. "NO!!"Furina yelled. She froze, her eyes wide as a bright yellow glow washed over the wound on the mans chest. Deslyn shifted, his eyes opening. "Furina..."Deslyn mumbles his hands trembling. "Deslyn!"Furina yells jumping on him. His eyes widened, looking startled for a moment. He sat up, her arms wrapped around his neck. "Furina..."Deslyn repeats stunned. He touched his chest, looking alarmed. His body trembled, wrapping his arms around his wife. The blond fired a shot at Wriothesley, the bandages falling off revealing his eyes back to normal.

"I thought I died...I kept calling you..."Deslyn mumbles tightening his grip on her. Wriothesley looked over, getting to his feet. "You idiot!"Furina mumbles tears falling down her cheeks. "I'm sorry, I won't be so dumb again"Deslyn mutters gently resting the back of his hand against her stomach. "Anubis did this?"Harika asks her head bowed. "Yes..he-"Wriothesley begins touching his face. He stopped, Harika's head shooting up with pure fury on her face. The twelve year old turned, her fists trembling. "Harika!" Clorinde threw an arm around her waist, stopping her in her tracks. "Let me go, I'll KILL HIM!!"Harika yells storm clouds rolling in. A familiar figure moved in front of her, taking her face into their hands. Gabe stared down at her, his face calm. "You won't be able to beat him by yourself...let me and Roa get him.."Gabe says. "You saw what he did to Uncle Wrio and Mister Deslyn, you think he would hesitate if two kids came after him"Kaida gasped Roa looking at her.

"Nobody should be going near him!"Macy agreed Deslyn looking over. "I'll help." All eyes went to the blond, having forgotten that he was there. "Names Freyan..."The male greets fixing his outfit as he stepped forward. He looked them all over, noticing their expressions were ranging from distrusting to cautious to downright hostile. "I'm the go- I'm the greatest at healing people, as you can see"Freyan went on. "Anubis needs to be stopped from what I can tell...so allow me to lend you my aid.."Freyan says. "Us as well!" The two girls turned at the familiar voice, finding Lyney standing there with a smile on his face. "MISTER LYNEY!" Both ran over, Harika and Kaida looking relieved to see him. Freminet and Lynette came in, both carrying bags. "Harika, after you left, I found an old diary"Lyney informs Harika's eyes widening. "It turns out, Anubis escaped once before at least over a hundred years ago, he escaped from the primordial sea"Lyney went on looking at the rooms residents.

"The sea weakens him, neutralizes his powers completely to the point he's unable to use them at their full power"Lynette adds pulling the diary out of the bag she held and handing it to Kaida. "The sea is powerful enough to drain him to the point he looks like he's on the verge of death, if we get some we can stop him in his tracks.."Lyney nods Kaida flipping through the book. "He's right...and these dates..."Kaida mutters wondering who wrote this book. "Flip to the end"Lyney smiled his expression softening. "Harika!"Kaida gasped beckoning her sister over. Harika walked over, her eyes widened at the name 'Adiva' that was stitched in the corner of the book at the very end. "Mom stopped Anubis..."Kaida says her eyes watering. "THAT'S WHY HE'S OBSESSED WITH HARIKA!"Kaida yells her eyes wide as she looked up. "Not only that, but Harika can free the primordial sea again..."Clorinde says Wriothesley nodding. "That is, if she really tries and taps into her potential"Wriothesley says. "So this means...."Freminet mutters. Lyney nodded in response.

"He's trying to get Harika under his control to keep his freedom."