Chapter Five || School

William was woken up pretty rudely by a loud announcement over the speakers. He sat up while the man spoke to all the students. Why is there even a speaker in the hallways of the dorms?

"Attention all students of Caeleste Academy. Today is your first day of school. You are to be expected to join the other freshmen in the grand hall at nine-thirty this morning. There, your class will be assigned. Attendance is mandatory. Thank you." The man finished, and the speaker went silent again. William let out a loud groan as he threw his blanket off of him.

"Did they really have to do it like that? I'm sure an email wouldn't be just fine." He complained as he sat up. He looked over to the other side of the room, where the other two were sitting, fully awake, already making out. "Really guys, this early?" He turned to face them. "We've been up since seven..." Zodes said. " And there was nothing else you could think of? Like, sleep more?" WIlliam said back. "Nah, sleep is for the weak," Silvae added.

William let out a sigh and got up. "I think it's pretty good." He turned around and headed for the bathroom to get ready to head downstairs. He stepped into the bathroom, looking around. It looked way different from what he was used to back home. There wasn't really any need to take a 'shower' underwater.

He turned on the water, feeling a bit confused about the whole concept. He got undressed and got under the water. At first, it was weird, but he soon started to understand why people liked them so much. He didn't really do much more than just stand under the water. He didn't really know what people did besides this.

He zoned out at some point, not thinking about anything. When he eventually stepped out, he realised just how long he had been in there. "If he doesn't get out now, I will pull him out there myself." He heard Zodes complain from behind the door. After he had put on a fresh set of clothes, he walked out the door.

"You know I can hear you, right?" He said, throwing his towel on the bed. The others got up and headed in after him. William dropped down on the bed, turning on his phone and scrolling through some social accounts. About forty-five minutes later, Zodes and Silvae emerged from the bathroom.

"Did you have to go in together?" William sighed, looking up at them. "It's efficient."Silvae shrugged, drying his hair. "Haven't you ever showered with your partner?" Zodes asked. William sat up, putting his phone down. '"...No, I haven't. We don't really have showers underwater." He explained. "Makes sense, I suppose," Silvae added. "Anyway," William got up. "Should we go down to the grand hall then?" He suggested. "It's still early, but -" They both turn to look at William. "Yeah, we should." Zodes agreed.

They were about to leave for the door when Zodes stopped Silvae. "Babe, can I speak to you for a second?" He asked. "Yeah, of course -" Silvae odds. And they both turn around to talk. William let out a sigh as he dropped back down on his bed.

"Maybe we can meet up in the grand hall?" Zodes asked. "Okay-" Silvae said. "Why can't I go with you, though, to pick up your boyfriend?" He asked. "He kind of hates wolves..." Zodes explained. "It's a long story -"

Silvae nodded, and they both turned back to William, who had spent the last minutes putting on a different shirt. "Right then, let's go." He got up, and they walked out the door.

They split up somewhere in the hallway as Zodes went towards another room. William and Silvae headed down to the grand hall. It was silent for a bit as they walked. Until William broke that silence, "What was that about? What did you mean to pick up his boyfriend? Aren't you his boyfriend?" He asked.

"He is in an open relationship. I'm his second boyfriend," Silvae explained."Oh, I see. It's like that." William said back. He couldn't help but think back on his years in Selachi. There were definitely times he was like that, too. "Yeah, I suppose." Silvae shrugged.

You sure found someone fast. It's only been what, a day -" William laughed, slightly impressed. "What about you?" Silvae looked down at William. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Did you find anyone who you like?" He smirked.

"Well, I haven't met many people. Just the captain of the swim team and-" He couldn't even finish his sentence when a box appeared from around the corner. "Coming through!" a voice yelled. There was someone holding the box. William couldn't evade the man in time as he bumped into him. He caught the box, preventing it from falling as he looked up to see who it was. It was Korbin.

"I'm so sorry I- Oh, it's you." His expression changed when he noticed it was William. "Hey - " William blushed slightly. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Just doing my job -" Korbin smiled as he adjusted his grip on the box. "What are you two up to?" He asked, looking at Silvae.

"Didn't you hear them yell over the speakers?"Silvae smiled. Korbin shook his head. "No, I didn't. I don't live on campus." He explained. "Lucky," Sivlae added. William kept staring at Korbin as they talked. "We have to go down and get out of schedules and choose a school team to join," William explained.

"Let me guess," Korbin smirked. "You're planning on joining the swim team?" He said, meeting Williams' eyes. William let out a laugh, blushing harder. "Y-yeah." He smiled. Korbin looked up at him smiling back. They both stood like that for a bit. "Right, well, I should go back to work..." Korbin said. "Maybe we'll see each other later?" He asked, looking at William.

"Yeah- Ok."William smiled. Korbin turned around and headed further down the hallway, leaving William and Silvae behind. William kept staring at Korbin until he was out of sight. " 'Maybe we'll see each other later?' " Silvae smirked. William pulled himself as he started walking again. "Shut up." He laughed.

They got down to the great hall. Before they got in, they were given the class they were in and walked into the main area. The room was filled with students, all talking to each other. They weren't there for long before someone got on the stage at the front of the room, addressing everyone.

"Hello, everyone. Welcome to Caeleste Academy. I'm very happy to see so many students here today, and I'm very excited to start this year and I hope you are too," The man, who William assumed was the principal, said.

"The plan for today is for you all to become familiar with the school and the many sports teams we have. So I would like you all to form a line, Go to the tables to the left of you and pick up your schedules, so tomorrow you'll know where to go. After that, you are free to roam the campus and look around to see if there are any teams you are interested in joining. If there are any questions, I'll be here at the front." The man explained.

William turned to Silvae, "Well, I guess we'll see each other later?" He shrugged as everyone around them made their way to the tables left of them. Silvae didn't even have time to answer before William ran off towards the right table.