Chapter Fourteen || Magic Mistake

The smoke cleared, revealing the effects of the necklace. Nothing serious happened. if you don't count the fact that Zodes, Silvae, and Vasile had changed into women. But William looked the same. "What the fuck-?!" Zodes Yelled surprised. "Why do I have boobs?!" He yelled, grabbing his chest. "What?-" Silvea yelled as he did the same. "What happened?" He looked around.

Vasile looks towards the mirror. "Well, at least I look sexy." He smirked at himself. William stayed silent as he watched the whole thing unfold. "Why didn't anything happen to you?" Zodes asked, looking over at William.

"I- I don't know, maybe mine is broken?" He shrugged. "Well, magic doesn't just 'break'.'' Vasile said back, looking over at William as well. William let out a sigh, "Well, I guess this one did." He said as he took the necklace off before turning away from them.

After that, William left the room. He leaned against the, now closed, door trying to calm down. It may not seem like anything had changed about him, but it did.

The necklace had worked. But not the same as it worked on them...

After a bit, he pushed himself off the door. He needed someone who understood to talk to, and the only person he could think of was Zake. So he headed for his room.

He knocked on the door, and he heard someone yell, "Come in," before he opened it. He looked around, only to see Zake wasn't alone. His roommate was there, too.

"Hey-" he said, sitting up as soon as he noticed who it was. "Are you okay?" He could tell from the look on his face something was bothering William.

"Yeah, I just -" he took a breath. "Can I talk to you... alone?" William asked, looking over at the other person in the room. "Yeah, of course." Zake stood up. "Chase- can you get out for a bit," Zake ordered. "What? Why can't you two just go somewhere else?" He defended. "Please?" Zake added, putting on a pleading face. Chase let out a loud groan. Before giving in, he got up and headed out of the room, closing the door behind William.

"Is everything okay?" Zake asked as she took a step towards William. "I- well no." He admitted. "I need you to help me with something," he said. "What happened?" Zake grabbed William's hand, seeing he was shaking before leading him onto the bed to sit down.

"After the alarm - when I got back. The others were there." He started. "They gave me this necklace as a joke." He sighed.

"That's odd?" Zake asked, confused. "Well yeah, they.-" he stopped. "The reason doesn't matter. What matters is the necklace wasn't just any normal necklace, it- it had magic."

"What kind of magic?" Zake asked, both intrigued and scared. "Well- they all changed," William said. "Changed how?" William took a deep breath. "They all changed into women." He said. Zake sat straight, looking down at William nervous. "What about you?" he asked carefully.

"Not... fully," he admitted. Even though the necklace didn't fully change him, parts of him were... not there anymore. "That- You- Are you okay?" Zake asked once again. Sitting closer to William.

"I think so... for now, at least." He shrugged. But he wasn't fine at all. He was freaking out. "I guess the magic isn't powerful enough to fully reverse everything." He sighed, placing his hand on his chest.

Zake stood up suddenly, walking over to get his shoes. "What are you doing?" William asked. "We're gonna go get someone. Who knows more about magic, we need to reverse this." He said, determined. William smiled at him as he watched Zake put on his shoes.

"You might be fine now, but who knows how you'll feel later." He said. Once he was done, William stood up and walked over to him. "Thanks-" William smiled before they headed out the door.

They headed back down towards the hall. There weren't many people as they were still supposed to be in their rooms. But this was more important.

They headed down towards the club rooms, looking for the magic room. They had never been there before, but after asking around for a bit, they managed to find it.

As soon as they walked in, they were overwhelmed by the size off it. It looked infinite, nothing like the outside. "Why do they get the cool room, and we get a classroom with five plastic chairs?" Zake complained, referring to the swim team club room.

"I guess magic is more important than swimming." William shrugged. Zake shook his head, not agreeing when another voice sounded through the room. "What are you doing here?" They must've heard William and Zake talk.

A man showed up from behind the bookshelf. He was the only one still here. "Didn't you hear the announcement? You're supposed to be in your rooms-" he said. "Yeah, we know there is something more important, though." Zake defended. The man sighed. "Can't it wait until tomorrow?" He asked. "Not really," William said back.

The man looked between them for a second. "Alright, what do you need to know?" He asked as he gave in. William reached into his pocket before taking out the necklace he had taken off earlier. "Can you tell me what this is?" He asked, handing the man the necklace.

"Where did you get this?" he asked, looking at it closer. "I- I found it," William said. Zake looked at him for a second before turning back to the man.

"It's not supposed to leave this room." He said, sitting down at a desk. "What does it do?" Zake asked, pretending to not know anything about it. "Well, it's kind of a weird item." He said as he got up again. He walked over to a bookshelf before taking out a book.

"It's been around for a while, and there's a lot of these, and why they were used I can't say but -" he opened the book, showing off the page.

William read it carefully. Even though it had already happened to him, he didn't want to face it any more than he already had to.

"It changes the wearer's gender." The man finished. Zake took a step closer, grabbed William's hand and pulled him back to reality. William forced a smile before looking back at the man.

"Is it permanent?" William asked. The man thought for a bit before grabbing the book. He read through it a bit more before shaking his head. "According to the book, it's only permanent if you keep it on." He said. "And if you don't?" He read a bit more before putting the book down. "The effects should wear off In twelve hours," he said.

William let out a sigh, relieved to hear it's not gonna stay like this forever. "Oh, right. That's... Cool." Zake said back, trying not to give anything away. "Well, glad you got it back." The man said, closing the book.

William nodded as he followed the man with his eyes. "Next time, make sure you guys don't lose magic items this easily," Zake said as he pulled William Back with him out of the room.