Chapter Seventeen || Staying The Night

"A movie?" William asked. Korbin got up from his seat and walked over to the TV in front of them. "It's not going to be the best quality, but -" He reached down before opening the cabinet the TV was on, revealing an old VHS player. William sat up, looking back at it curiously. "Wow, I haven't seen one of those in a long time." he laughed. "Yeah, well-." Korbin got up again, walking over to a bookshelf. "Carter likes collecting old things, so we have plenty to choose from." Korbin smiled as he pointed out the many VHS tapes on the shelf.

William got up and walked over to the shelf.  "There's quite a lot." He smiled, admiring the size of Carter's collection. "I don't think I've ever seen this many movies in one place." He laughed. "Yeah, it's pretty impressive." Korbin laughed. William walked up to the shelf, taking out a VHS tape. 

"So what movie do you want to watch?" Korbin asked as he looked at all the tapes. William looked for a bit before pulling out another tape. Korbin took it from him before letting out a slight laugh. "The Little Mermaid?" He asked. William shrugged. "It was my favorite growing up." He said as he put the other tape back on the shelf. 

"Isn't it a bit cliche?" Korbin laughed as he walked up to the VHS player. "It's a good story, so why not?" William walked back to the couch, dropping back down in his previous spot. Korbin laughed as he put the tape in the player before turning on the TV. 

"It's fine by me.' He smiled as he joined William on the couch. "I've never actually seen this one."He shrugged as he brought his legs up to the couch. "What?!" William asked, shocked. "How have you never seen this?" 

Korbin shrugged, "I didn't have a TV, growing up, let alone a VHS player. I have read the story before, though, " he explained. " William looked back confused. "You- wait -" he started as he turned towards Korbin. "You didn't grow up here? With Carter?" He asked. 

Korbin looked back at the TV silently. I was clear that this was a difficult subject for him. "No, I didn't. I've only lived here for about a year-" he explained. "Then... where did you live before that?" William asked carefully. 

Korbin let out a sigh as he looked down at the remote. "I- it's a long story-" he started. "If you don't want to tell me, it's fine." William quickly jumped in, realizing he had made Korbin uncomfortable. Korbin nodded. "I- maybe we can just focus on the movie for now?" He suggested as he looked up at William. William nodded before leaning on the couch. 

Korbin got up one more time to head to the kitchen. There, he grabbed some snacks before turning off all the lights, except for a small lamp on the side table next to him. He sat down and handed William the snacks. William had already made himself at home with a  blanket he found on the couch. 

"Right, ready?" Korbin asked as he held up the remote. "Yeah, play it," William said back excitedly. Korbin smiled before turning back to the TV and hitting play. 

About twenty minutes into the movie, William lost his focus, as he suddenly realized the situation he was in. He was spending time with the guy he may or may not be developing a crush on, doing an activity that, taken away from the context, could be seen as a date. 

Granted, it wasn't a date. At least it wasn't supposed to be, but he couldn't concentrate on the movie anymore as Just Korbin's presence was making his heart beat faster. 

Korbin, on the other hand, wasn't in the room anymore. He was fully immersed in the movie. He had read the book before, but the movie made the story come across way more than the book. Besides that, the movie was showing signs of a good ending, a thing the original story did not have.

They continued to watch the best they could as they depleted Carter's snack supply. Korbin made it through the movie, but William did not.

When he opened his eyes again, it was already light outside. William lifted his hand to block the rays of sunshine coming in and blinding Him when he realized where he was. 

He hadn't made it home that night. He had fallen asleep during the movie and spent the Night with Korbin. On the couch. 

He froze when he realized he had just fallen asleep with Korbin, He had fallen asleep on Korbin. Sometime during the movie, he must've drifted off and leaned towards him as she found himself with his head propped up against Korbin's shoulder.

Perhaps the strangest thing was the fact that Korbin hadn't moved him. He instead had also fallen asleep. William took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down. This wasn't how He was expecting to wake up. He didn't realize he was this tired last night that he just fell asleep, but in his defense, he had gone through quite a lot, emotionally. 

Speaking of which, as the twelve hours were up, he had now turned back into himself. He had all his bits back. Which was a good feeling. but maybe not a thing he should be thinking of right now. 

Suddenly, he felt Korbin move, and he quickly sat back up. He stayed silent to see if Korbin was really waking up or just moving in his sleep. But then he opened his eyes. 

"G-Good morning-" William said, looking away to hide his blush. "Oh, hey. Are you awake?" Korbin asked back as he sat up straight. "Yeah, I- I 'm sorry about falling asleep on you like that-" He said, trying to meet Korbins' eyes. 

"It's fine, you weren't heavy-' he joked as he looked over to the TV. The movie had stopped, and the TV had turned off itself. William looked back at Korbin, with a bright color spread across his cheeks. "I didn't realize I was that tired," he said. 

Korbin let out a laugh. "You really don't need to worry about it - it's fine." He smiled as she looked over at William. It was then the reality of the situation set in. 

He might be saying it fine, but as he thought about it more, he realized how hot it must've looked to other people. His face flushed red as she tried to look away again. 

"Uhm- so can I-" Korbin started. "I need to tell you something -" but before he could finish, then the front door opened, and in stepped Carter. 

Korbin let out a sigh as he stared at his caretaker. Part of him felt disappointed about the interuption, but another part felt relieved. He wasn't sure what he wanted to say back there...