Chapter Thirteen || Physical Education

They all make their way down to the gyms. Their first class of the day was PE. A class William had never really done much of before. There is not much to do underwater except for swimming. It will all be an interesting experience. They all went together, to the gyms. William stayed silent as they walked, Zake beside him.

He didn't want to talk, there was nothing to talk about, especially not the conversation before. He knew Zake did by the smirk on his face every time he looked over at him. But he didn't want to go there, not right now. He'd always been bad with crushes, but after a few days of knowing a person, it was a bit too fast, even for him.

"You're just gonna keep ignoring me then?" Zake asked, stepping a little closer. "I am for now-" William turned his head, looking away. "You know you can't keep silent forever." He smirked. "You'll have to tell me eventually... about this 'bird boy.'' But William kept ignoring him.

"There's nothing to talk about." He said as he walked a little faster. "Are you sure about that?" Zodes laughed, gesturing to someone in front of them. William looked up, surprised to see the subject of all of this walking their way. Korbin made his way over to them, holding a note. He was too concentrated on reading his notes to notice them. Until he's right in front of him.

He looked up confused when he realized the hallway wasn't empty. "Sorry, I-" then he noticed William. William smiled back at him. "Hi.'" Korbin said to him, before looking over at Zake. "So this is Bird Boy?" Zake said with a smirk. "Bird..boy?" Korbin asked confused. William nudged Zake annoyed. "This is Korbin," Wiliam said, introducing them. Zake looked between them, his expression softening. The mood got awkward again until Zodes broke the silence.

"Okay- let's go to PE, dudes." He said. "Yeah- I should probably go now," Korbin said holding up his note. He took one final look at William before walking off again.

"Right, Bye," William said, following him with his gaze. "Right, let's go," Zake said before they continued walking towards the gym.

When they got there they were once again in a line. They had to get gym uniforms before getting dressed and waiting in the gym. Zake kept bothering William, well trying at least to get him to talk, but it wasn't gonna happen. They all headed to the gym, where a teacher was already waiting for them with an announcement.

"Hello everyone this fine morning. I hope you rested well because today we have a very special program planned. We are gonna show everyone's talents right here today." Oh boy, this was gonna be difficult. Besides swimming there weren't many talents William could show off.

"Alright, Hunter. Take it away." Another student joined the teacher, before addressing the group. "Hello, everyone. My name is Hunter, and I'm going to show you what I'm going to do today." A man with short brown hair and spider legs on his back said. "First, relay. Then basketball-" William let out a sigh. "None of that sounds like swimming.." He said to himself. "Not everything can be about swimming," Zake said back, amused. William shrugged before turning back to the man.

"-Hockey. And last but not least- climbing." He finished, looking at everyone excitedly. "Show them how it's done, son." The gym teacher said, soon after Hunter ran up to a pillar in the middle of the room, climbing up it with his spider legs. It was hard not to be impressed by the speed at which he did it. He tapped the ceiling before jumping down, landing on his feet in front of everyone.

"Yeah- I'm not gonna survive this class..." William sighed, knowing there was no way he'd ever even get close to doing something like that. "So that's it guys. Get your PE uniform and let's go!" the teacher said, instructing everyone to get dressed. After taking a set in their sizes William and Zake head to the locker room. The others had suddenly disappeared. "I wouldn't be surprised if they already skipped." Zake laughed as he put his things down. "The first day?" William said back. Zake shrugged before unfolding his uniform and looking over it. "If I remember correctly you used to skip a lot of classes too." He smirked. "Yeah, sure. But not on the first day-" He said annoyed.

Zake let out a laugh as he took off his shirt, getting ready to change. He turned around, facing the others in the locker room as he held up the shirt. William couldn't help but notice the marks left over from yesterday. Instinctively he pulled Zake back towards him, turning him away from the crowd. "What's wrong?" He asked confused. "I- well," William looked down at the marks, trying to get Zake to notice without him having to explain. Zake looked back confused before following Williams's gaze down to his chest, realizing what he was trying to say.

He looked up with a smirk. "Are you worried about people seeing?" He asked. "I don't know why I did that either." William looked away embarrassed as he took off his shirt. "It's fine, but-" Zake took a step closer, leaning closer. "I don't want to hide it." He whispered. "Besides, I'm not the only one with proof of how much fun we had." He smirked, tracing over Williams's chest, And all the marks and scars covering him.

"We don't need everyone to see." William pulled away before putting on his shirt. "I don't want them to think anything, bad." He said looking down. Zake put on a smile, as William got the rest of the clothes on. Zake soon did the same, once they were done and put their things away they headed to the gym.

That was when the nightmare started, PE. Not that he didn't like moving, in fact, he loved it, maybe a little too much in some scenarios. But most of that had to do with swimming, Not running, or climbing. He couldn't do that. And somehow everyone else in that gym was amazing at it. Even Zake managed to do most things pretty well. But in every event, William ended up being last.

"Are you okay?" William felt a hand on his shoulder. He had stepped away from the crowd, sitting down in the corner. "Yeah, I'm fine. He said, catching his breath. "You don't look that good," Hunter said, sitting down next to William. "This whole PE thing isn't for me, I guess. To be honest I'm barely used to waking." He said back, leaning against the wall.

"Well, you don't have to be the best at everything. Just take your time. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon." Hunter smiled as he patted William on the shoulder. "Thanks-" He smiled.

Out of nowhere, an alarm sounded through the gym, followed by an announcement telling everyone to head back to their rooms. "What's going on?" Zake asked as he walked up to William. "Not sure." He said back, pushing himself out of the room. "Alright everyone, I guess class is over. Everyone get your things and head to your rooms." The gym teacher said as he headed to the door. Soon everyone followed as the whole school headed back to their rooms. 

WIlliam headed back to his room, He and Zakle split up along the way as he went to find his own roommate. He was still in his gym uniform, not having had time to change out of it in all the commotion. He pushed his way through all the people to get back as soon as possible. When he got back he noticed he was not the first.

As soon as he stepped into the room Zodes stepped up to him, immediately putting a necklace on."Keep this safe will you."He smiled. "What is this?" William asked surprised looking down at the necklace. "Just a pretty necklace we found?" He said. "And why are you putting it on me?" Williams looked back at them confused. "So it makes you look pretty and shiny," Vasile said.

"And why do I need to look pretty and shiny?" William asked, unamused. "Well," He smirked. "Birds like shiny shiny things, right." He shrugged. "Wh-" William felt his face turn up. "I-" But before he could essay anything the necklace started to glow. He noticed the others were wearing a similar necklace before the room filled with pink smoke.