𝘐𝘐: 𝘞𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴

Edited on 2/08/2023

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂

                                                                                     To say the twins were excited when they saw the large, UFO shaped opening in the cliffs ahead of them is an understatement. It was like the first time all over again, although different at the same time. They were no longer Californian Piedmont city people, their eyes cast downward in annoyance of being sent so far away to a small hick town not even listed on Google Maps. Instead, they felt thirteen again, their cheeked pressed up against the window as if they could see just a little farther through the close-up glass. There had been enough fingerprints left on the windows of the bus from the two already that it looked like they had been banging around in an attempt to get out. Most of them had been left by Mabel's fingertips, though he'd say they were pretty equal now.

                                                                                        The river coming from the mouth of the yawning cliffs raged beside them, its water muddy and brown as if there had been a recent rainstorm here, which didn't shock either twin. This area was known for its rainfall, after all, although it should be lessoning soon because of the summertime heat. Dipper hoped it would, at least-- if it rained all the time how would they go out and explore the woods without a set of rain boots and a waterproof coat? He figured a local thrift store, or something would have a raincoat they could get at least, though.

                                                                                   The road into the Falls was long and narrow, two lanes made out of out dated, cracked concrete that remained them of parched lips in summer. To say that they were excited to start school again here in the summer would be yet another award-winning understatement. They already had everything planned out: Mabel would attend Reed Collage in Portland while Dipper would stay here with Stanford, in which they would meet up on the weekends. In addition, Ford was hoping to create a teleportation device to allow her to travel quickly to and from their Gravity Falls cabin home and back to her cozy dorm.

                                                                                   Together, they wondered what kind of colors their cars were. They had never gotten to see the listing for the two vehicles, their parents instead telling them to trust them on the color and brand. Dipper hoped for a four person truck in either a dark brown color or black, something that would be easier to hide in if he were to need to stake the night out looking for a monster or good for hauling heavy equipment from point A to B if needed. Such as a weird rock or giant fur ball. He had found one before but it had been far too large for him alone to pick up. He still wandered what it would've been from, what had been large enough to create such a lump.

                                                                                    Mabel wanted a pink lowrider with three white stripes down the center, covered in pale micro glitters. Oh, and fuzzy pink handles. And a pair of those large fuzzy dice. And white leather seat covers. She also wanted to paint around the inside of her windows in acrylic and put LED lights around the bottom in rainbow colors. She had drawn it many time and Dipper knew her idea well, so much so that he had bought her a box of strip lights for both her room and car for her as a graduation gift. He planned to gift it to her when she first saw whatever car their parents had picked for her.

                                                                                    The shadows of tall, prickly pines passed over their figures from the sides of the road, the afternoon light casting yellowed glows onto their faces. The bus was nearing the large, mouth-like cliffs, so close that he could almost reach out and touch them. It didn't take long for that feeling of a change in atmosphere to follow soon thereafter, the bubble around the town they had learned to love engulfing the group. Inwardly, Dipper wondered about the strange shield-like barrier around the town-- if it was supposed to keep all weird items (even down to a malformed jellybean), why was Ford allowed to leave? With six fingers the twin was sure that it was out of the ordinary and would therefor cause him to get stuck in the Falls.