𝘟𝘟𝘟𝘝𝘐𝘐: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂

Written on 12/11/2023

"Why did I start this life, you ask?" Time Baby refracted with a laugh, shaking her head to himself. She paced on the end of the table between them, playing with the plain kitchen knife. The chubby fingertips of a child on the black handled blade seemed to wrong, the teachings of sharp objects around infants coming back to her mind. "If you think I chose this, you're poorly mistaken. Do you know how insulting it is to depend on earthlings to bring me people off the streets? I wouldn't have to if your partner hadn't nearly killed me."

"Some god you are," (Y/n) insulted from the frozen state she was stuck in. The baby sputtered and turned toward her quickly, a look of offence spreading across his chubby face that looked familiar. Maybe Gideon had made that same look at some point-- had she not known that they couldn't be related, the (e/c) might had mistaken the two as siblings.

"And what the hell do you know?" The kid asked with a twitch of his eye. "The only thing you have to compare a deity to is that... monster you work alongside."

"Like stealing people off the streets is very godly," she pointed out with a roll of her eyes. At her sides, (Y/n) tried to will her hands to move, to break free from the time that seemed to have stilled around her. She really didn't want to have to rely on Bill to get her out of yet another possibly bad situation. He would if Time Baby tried to make true with his threat of ending her life, but she knew she wouldn't hear the end of it for a while, if ever. Her fingers wouldn't so much as twitch and instead felt numb to her request, making her frown. All (Y/n) had to do was stall him long enough for her to figure out a way to get out of this spell he put her under. "You kidnap people, lock them in a basement to be sacrificed for you unwillingly. Do you know what that sounds like to me? Demonic."

At her words, the child seemed the sputter. "I- My motives are too much for a small-minded mortal like you to understand. I am no demon, don't insult me," he said with a hiss, taking the knife and pointing it towards her. "It's time we ended this, the quicker you die the sooner Bill's life is to end."

"Oh, that won't be happening," (Y/n) said, her eyes darting from the tip of his blade to his hand, and then his chubby face. With a relaxed gaze, she looked down his nose at him tauntingly, her crimson eyes narrow on his figure. She had to bluff him out for her plan to work.

"And why not?" Time Baby asked with a scoff, putting on hand on his hip.

"Bill won't let that happen. All I have to do is call him here and he'll rip you apart all over again," the humanoid said with a chuckle. The baby's eyes widened and something fright-ridden crossed his eyes. As she thought, the fallen deity still feared the yellow triangle from his last close call.

"You're bluffing," the kid said with a frown, looking up at her with squinted eyes. To this, (Y/n) chuckled.

"Why don't we find out, if you're so sure? Bi-" she was cut off. Against his better judgement and clouded by thoughts of fear, Time Baby slapped a hand over her lips to stop her. Her plan had worked. Her teeth slammed shut and closed in around the smaller, chubby hand between her fangs. Razor-like bone tore through the child's wrist and tore his hand from its arm, hot blood slipping from the wound and into her mouth. Time Baby tore back from her grasp and held the stump of his arm with a scream. The magic over her figure disappeared and she spat out the limp appendage with a grin, scarlet gleaming over her pearly teeth.