𝘟𝘝𝘐𝘐𝘐: 𝘚𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘥 𝘞𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂

Edited on 08/16/2023

The jaws of the plant snapped around Ford, almost in slow motion. With one strong yank, it plucked him headfirst from the forest floor and up into the air. Dropping his journal just in time with a cut off gasp, the older man yelled out in shock from inside the creature's mouth. The head retreated toward its body and reared its head back, throwing him up in the air above itself. Stanford's panicked caught eyes with (Y/n)'s, whore bore a faked look of fear.

"Ford!" she yelled out, running towards him before stopping herself just short from stepping on the roots. She watched him float in the air for a moment, reveling in the moment knowing full well that she could save him if she had wanted. It was a nearly intoxicating feeling, the power she had over his fate. It took a moment for the natural pull of the earth to reclaim him, his coat and arms splayed about his sides helplessly. When he began to fall again, one of the head snapped forward and swallowed him into its mouth cavity. His scream cut out with a splash and its jaws sealed themselves. (Y/n) started to run toward the plant, this time stepping on its roots, and made a break for its opposite side.

It takes the average person thirty seconds to pass out from lack of oxygen, and 5 minutes to actually die. Therefore, her timer now started, aimed for 4 minutes and 30 seconds, maybe a few over depending on how pissed off she was at him. 'Bill, do you mind keeping track for me?' When there was no answer (Y/n) simply hoped he had listened, or else she might lose track. The (h/c) assumed that she would have to get swallowed before really fighting it to steal a seed alive. Taking the golden dagger Bill had given her from under her coat, she used it to cut some of the white ribbons as she ran over top of them, the ends that weren't connected to the mother plant shriveling up and starting to turn black with rot. Managing to run all the way around the plant in an imperfect circle thanks to her enhanced speed, (Y/n) had managed to give herself more space to fight the flytrap. The plant snapped around randomly, blinded from most of the clearing and trying to find its attacker.

"This is going to be so gross," (Y/n) muttered with a shiver, looking up at the plant. How would she actually kill it, anyway? If it was too strong for Ford even with whatever he had brought to threaten her with, then that meant that she'd need to ger creative. Ripping off its heads, maybe? The female hesitated with actually letting herself get eaten, dodging its near attacks for the time being. She'd be fine, through either her own hand or Bill's, but she would also be letting herself get beaten by a plant. Something that vegans defeat every day. Albeit it a giant, human-armed, very buff plant. But a green, leafy vegetable nonetheless.

She scoffed and shuffled forward, frowning deeply to herself as she eyed the pale fingers before touching the roots with the tip of her shoe. "I can't believe I'm doing this," the (e/c) eyed female muttered as she watched the shadow of one of the jaws close in on her. In a dizzyingly fast swoop as (Y/n) was picked up by the plant and thrown violently into the air so hard it gave her whiplash. She would have thirty seconds to get out, easy after all her training. That was, until she dropped her knife.

"SHIT," she cursed just before the teeth shut around her, liquid that burned like alcohol in an open wound filling the mouth. She took one last gulp of air before she was underwater, keeping her eyes shut to keep them from the acidic liquid. (Y/n)'s thoughts raced. She was without a way out, without her knife, and without a plan. Her plan was quite literally laying outside on the ground. Maybe even swallowed because of it touching a root. Crap. Swimming around and looking for one of the seeds, (Y/n) was able to grasp something round about the size of fist near where she assumed the top of the head was. She pried three of the shapes from the edge, then an extra just in case. Now, the (h/c) female had to complete her escape trick. It had been a few seconds already and she felt herself becoming dizzy, her lungs burning.