𝘟𝘐𝘐: 𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘳

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂

Edited on 08/06/2023

                                                              Her figure plummeted. (Y/n) had been floating downward for a while now. At first, she had worried about drowning, but when she had remembered that this was her own mind and therefor, much like the mental block she had broken during her chase with Stanford, she found a way to regain control. Now as she fell downward, her legs extended below her to search for the seemingly bottomless void, her eyes searched the unnatural blackness for any signs of life or irregularities.

                                                             Her hair haloed her head like it was caught in an underwater current. It was silent, completely and utterly soundless around her. It reminded (Y/n) of a sense deprivation pool, floating in a plastic pod in a puddle of highly salty water in the darkness. Her foot hit a flat surface and she lowered herself to the glassy floor and it rippled like ink under her soles. The sound of dripping water met her ears as she listened, the faint sounds of whispering and screaming muffled in the background. The female lifted a hand and a ball of light formed between her fingertips, white and illuminating the surface of water below. She half expected to fall into it again when she took a few steps forward, but this time she walked harmlessly across its surface, her figure reversed in its smooth face.

                                                           But her figure on the other side appeared to not be solid and instead a dark, shadowy outline of herself, getting darker thee farther it was away. She paused and looked down into the inky depths, seeing her reflection respond with a gaze of its own, two small red dots appearing where her eyes should have been. She touched her cheek lightly and chills went down her spine, her unhuman gaze taking a moment to adjust to the pure voidish shape under her. (Y/n) opened her mouth and a faded, crimson light seemed to burn from the back of her shadow's throat, revealing the shape of a set of snake-like fangs peeking out from her lips. Two smaller matching ones appeared to emerge from the bottom row and she reached up to touch them in her own mouth. Sure enough she found those same teeth poking at her fingertips. She supposed with whatever she was-- being able to steal magic through drinking blood and all-- it would make sense to see them here as well, if this was a reflection of herself. But, she didn't expect for her mind to be so empty, so dark. She'd even call it in ruin.

                                                         She looked up from the chilling sight and toward the void ahead, finding nothing once more. If her mind had been erased it would make sense for her not to find anything here, but she had memories from the past two weeks. So, where were they all? She thought to herself and began to map the place out in her mind. She had appeared in an empty field and found a somewhat hidden door that lead her to here, where she promptly fell into a soundless, senseless, echoing room without walls. There were layers, each weirder to get to than the next. She knew that she tended to hide her emotions, maybe she could find them if she looked in the right place here, then. But, she felt like there was nowhere to go. No doors to open, no holes to jump into. When she looked down again, though, she noticed that the light was reflecting on something else below her. It looked like an upside-down door far below her.

                                                      (Y/n) looked at it for a long moment. It made sense now, something clicking in her mind. The (h/c) female squatted down and met hands with her nightmarish reflection, her fingers stopping against it's. But she pushed harder, feeling a pressure in her head as she willed herself through the barrier. Her wrist disappeared into the other side and the dark figure grabbed her wrist, its own hand coming through to meet her. It's cold, dead fingers grabbed her arm but instead of pulling back she let it pull her in, finding herself alone on the other side when she came through. (Y/n) pulled herself through the other side and found herself standing just below the door above. She jumped up and allowed herself to float to the frame, twisting the knob and opening it with a shove. The thickness of the void began to release her as she stepped through, her figure emerging from the darkness and onto the same porch from the cabin before. But, this time it was in the forest, not a wheat field.