𝘟𝘟𝘐𝘐𝘐: 𝘖𝘧 𝘎𝘰𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘓𝘪𝘢𝘳𝘴

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂

Edited on 08/21/2023

Thank you, come again," The voice of a bored teenager grunted out from behind the counter of the mobile phone shop. (Y/n) turned her new phone over in her hand, her old one sitting in the palm of the other. Beside her, the demon in yellow stood tall, looking down at the two items in curiosity. Her old phone was shattered from her fall off the bridge, though luckily for her, she was able to transfer all her data to the new one, which she threw into a nearby trashcan as she strode by.

"I don't understand why you humans need those silly items," Bill said with a hum, watching as (Y/n) opened the messenger app to look through any messages she might have missed during the two days she couldn't use it. She was met with nothing but a blank screen and some game update notifications. "They're just pale imitations of magic."

"Well, unlike you, we don't have the natural ability to talk to one another through thoughts long distance," she said simply, twisting the device in her hand for a moment. This one was that same size as her old one, though thinner and sleeker this time. It was also a pretty shade of (f/c) with a black pop socket on the back, the pattern of a forest drawn within the shape of a triangle printed on the back, which Bill had insisted she get. Foreshadowing, the (h/c) guessed.

"That's a real shame," he confirmed with a chuckle, shoving his hands in the pockets of his black pants.

"I'm glad I had some money saved up from before Ford found me, but I might need to find a job soon," (Y/n) said with a sigh. "Especially if I want to buy this car. Or maybe I'll go with a bike, so I'll be harder to track and easier to take short cuts through the woods."

Bill perked up. "A car? Why?"

"Because it's not normal for a person to be running through the woods at inhuman speeds around here, Cipher," she said simply, mentally trying to pick between the two. "I guess I'll go for the car," she added with a mutter of thoughtfulness, opening google on her new phone to check for any car places nearby. There was a single used-car dealership in town, apparently. At least there was one at all, she reminded herself.

"We could also swing by Gideon's place and lure him outside, to try to find his gem thing," she added, looking to the demon for his thoughts. He nodded slowly at her words, a grin breaking out across his lips.

"I would love to see the local second place con-artist in town, it's been a while since we've caught up," he said with a wild gaze ahead. (Y/n) looked up at him for a moment after looking over the directions for later, pushing the item into her back pocket.

"Number two? Who's first?" She asked with a risen brow, the man in yellow looking down at her for a moment, grinning.

"Why Stanley, of course! He used to run the Mystery Shack up in the woods, remember? He made a lot of cash tricking shallow tourists into thinking they needed a half-hat-- which is a hat cut in half, making him twice the amount of cash per item-- or back when the Cow-Bug was a thing of local legend. Basically, he spray painted a cow red and put black spots all over its back like a ladybug. He also put one of those pipe cleaner antenna headbands on it and took its picture in the lowest quality camera he could find. He would make people pay to see it, too," he added with a laugh, the female beside him smiling loosely at the idea.