𝘟𝘐𝘝: 𝘓𝘶𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂

Edited on 08/12/2023

                                                                     (Y/n) ran through the forest, hot air puffed from her lips. Behind her, limbs cracked and snapped as the harpy pushed itself off of them, its wings beating harshly against the wind. She'd been running for a while now, her feet stomping against the dirt. She had managed to get it away from Stanley a while ago, hearing it hissing about some sort of demon that it mistook him for. She didn't have time to question it right now, though, because after showing it the mark behind her ear, flashing it a hissing jaw crowned by four needle-like fangs, it seemed to agress upon her.

                                                                      The girl heard it coming down for another sweep at her with its claws and threw herself to the side, landing harshly on her back in the dirt and gravel of the forest. The harpy came down to attack where she had once been and she grabbed its legs with her own clawed fingers, locking talons with nails and slinging it to the side. Its large feathered body cracked upon impact, its back smacking painfully into the trunk, and bought (Y/n) enough time to get back up and continue to run. She knew it would be back up soon, she had done that to it several times now and it returned within seconds. Even though she was running far faster than any mortal person could she still found her legs to be too slow and her lungs on fire, her body begging for her to stop.

                                                                      She knew she shouldn't have gone. She knew it was gonna go wrong. Ashy dust clouded at her feet as they raced, (Y/n) knowing full well that if she stopped to rest even a second that it would be upon her. Its screaming like cackling behind her soon showed her that it was hot on her heels again, wings mixing with her heavy footfalls. Sweat formed at her brow and her lungs felt like they were filled with broiling water, steam spewing from her mouth in white, hot curls. The creature swooped down at her again and when she tried to knock it aside, this time to grabbed her by the shoulders and threw her up in the air.

                                                                    "OH FUCK," (Y/n) screamed down at her body whipped through the air in a spinning arch. Her hands reached out for a tree limb or really any surface for her to cling to. The world spun around her and her wrist came to hit a thick limb painfully, smacking the bone with a sharp feeling. A hiss escaped her throat as she hit the ground again, her side coming into rough contact with several small rocks that scraped at her side. Her body rolled but she pushed herself up again, barely missing another aeril attack as she gasped for breath. The air had gotten knocked from her lungs as she tried to breath, clawing at her throat with a gasping sound, her back heaving to urge itself into movement.

                                                               She ran again deeper into the forest and away from the camp. Right now (Y/n) knew two things: one, that she needed to bite it. And two, that she needed to get it inside of the forcefield around the Falls. It stretched over the hills ahead, just enough to make a half dome over the town using the sides of the mountains and cliffs to complete itself. Her feet moved to scrape against the undergrowth as she fled, ducking under limbs and saplings to give herself cover. As she grew closer to the unseen border of the town, she really hoped that Bill was back from whatever he had been doing over the past few days. She hoped that he would be able to hear her thoughts, her panic, as she ran from the large bird humanoid, its larger form faster and more able than even her own.

                                                              If he wasn't back yet she hoped that she would be able to find a cave or something to lose it inside of. She knew birds didn't like small spaces. Yet again, though, they also shouldn't be able to see in the dark, yet here she was. Running from a wrinkled, black, hag-of-a-bird in the dead of night. Hell, it had to be after midnight by now. But she kept going, her head bobbing on her shoulders as her feet threw her over logs and stones. (Y/n) felt claws lock into her back shoulder suddenly, ripping holes into her flesh and she screamed out, white hot pain shooting down her arm in an unbearable feeling that she hadn't felt before. The (h/c) felt the creature grabbing at her side and it threw her up in the air again, her feet leaving the comfortable stillness of the ground in trade for rushing air.