𝘟: 𝘏𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘦𝘬

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂

Edited on 8/04/2023

                                                                            "What do you think?" (Y/n) kicked her legs under her, the heels of her shoes hitting the rocky side of the cliff below. Beside her, Bill held the gift from Stanford, his mortal enemy, in his hand, dangling from his open fingers innocently. The item had been hard to get off, next to impossible without having another set of hands which the dreamon was happy to provide. Not literally, thank goodness, the feeling of his cold gloved hands still lingering against the back of her female's neck in light, short brushes. The sterling flower hung from the thin chain heavily, gleaming back at him with that strange, multicolored gem.

                                                                            "I think that he cheeped out for one," he said distastefully, his golden orb studying it closely as it reacted to the light. The gleam caught in his eye reflected the charm in question, looking like something someone would find in a Claire's mall store for $10. "If this is his idea of an apology gift, it's no wonder he's still single and alone."

                                                                          The female beside him gasped at his words and let out a single, unexpecting laugh. "Oh my god, Bill! Is not really the time to be judging the old fart's gift choices?" She asked, trying to snatch it back from him playfully. The man in yellow held it out from her reach, though, and grinned down at her, shrugging.

                                                                       "I'm just saying! I'm not gonna correct him, though-- his isolation works in our favor," he retorted, bringing the item back to himself to scan over. This time he reached up with his other hand and cupped the charm, looking deeper into the reflection of the glassy jewel. "On the other hand, I see why you brought this up to me. It's indeed a trick, as you guessed."

                                                                       (Y/n)'s mouth tasted bitter at his words. She wouldn't admit it, but a part of her, no matter how small, hoped that maybe she was wrong. That he was actually trying to be a good person. That the amazing teacher and Grunkle Dipper spoke so highly of was in there somewhere. It made it easier for her to disassociate herself from the six fingered man, though. The other three would be... harder to leave behind thus far. They had each shown her kindness in their own ways. Dipper's kindness toward her last night, Mabel's care and babying over her hip wound when no one else cared, and Stanley's understanding words from a few weeks ago in the kitchen. He slight disappointment must have shown on her face, because when Bill looked away from the flower and met her gaze, aimed down at the shimmering lake below, he patted her head.

                                                                    His gloved hand rested on the crown of her head and he gave her a half playful, half understand look. It wasn't exactly sympathetic nor comforting, but it was a start. A show that he knew it would come sooner or later, though she guessed he saw her current feelings as avoidable. No matter how much he told her about the deeds of the family of twins, she still held hope for one of them to come out as an okay person. And two weeks in, she already marked one of them off the list.

                                                                   "Sorry kid," he offered, watching her shrug his hand off. His pity was un-needed. She shouldn't have hoped for another result. His sharp gaze watched hers for a moment, filled with a satisfied pleasantry, and he chuckled. "But, we can use it to get back it him."