𝘝𝘐: 𝘚𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴

꧁𓊈* (-) *𓊉꧂

Edited on 04/13/2023

                                                                                         Nights turned into days and as time past, the Pines' family found it hard to pinpoint when exactly (Y/n) had changed. Since the accident with the newly named 'skin-stretcher' just under a week ago, they had all come to the agreement that the (h/c) had grown... darker. It was small at first and Dipper thought it was just the stress of it all. The fact that she was chased by a beast nearly twice the size of her own figure, hungry for her blood. And, in the same night, learned that Stanford had been tampering with her memories (which she still hasn't seemed to forgive him for).

                                                                                      Ford, however, blamed the statue she had been found beside. He said (and his student agreed) that it was too odd to be a simple coincidence. But honestly, Dipper didn't think anything happened between her and the Cipher statue. He knew that the dreamon had more than a grudge or two against him and their family. He had, after all, promised to 'wipe Stanford and his entire bloodline out of the multiverse', as he put it with his dying breath. Well, "dying" breath. Since it seemed that he was not, in fact, wiped out.

                                                                                    Because of this, he was sure that if Bill was lurking out there somewhere, now free because of (Y/n)'s accident, that he or Stanford or Mabel would be the first to know. If nothing else, the being in yellow was quite vain and, therefore, would want to toy with his food. So, with that in mind, he knew that he would have shown himself or at least sent a dozen nasty nightmares their way.

                                                                                  Back to the topic about (Y/n)'s mood swings, Dipper hadn't told Ford that he had spilled the metaphorical can of beans. And because of this, he had to watch painfully as her (e/c) gaze would turn cold toward the older man, hatred now replacing the warm thankfulness that had once been there. The first day after she had returned have been chalked up to nothing but hormones and a bad attitude, nothing more than a blank look toward her elder, a rueful shadow over her eyes. By the third day the look hadn't backed down, even over a hot breakfast, with the addition of several passive comments. "Would you ever lie to me, Stanford?" She had asked with a cold enough tone that Dipper could barely hide himself from flinching back, wanting nothing more than to shrink back into himself. Both because her tone held a threatening flame and because he knew where such an offer had come from. The fourth day she wouldn't even talk to the older man, soon followed by refusing to eat near him too, often hiding up in her room or running out into the forest for hours on end. Unknown to them, this time was often spent with the dreamon (Y/n) found herself finding comfort in the presence of. A feeling deep in her gut like she'd been here many times before. Sure, he had told her that she had worked with him before all of this, but it felt even deeper than that for her and he didn't correct her questions. Instead, he told her that they weren't ready to be answered just yet.

                                                                                      Today was one of those days. One of the times she'd find herself once again in the forest, sitting among the trees, not offering a thought toward the absolute chaos back at the cabin. Today had been a particularly bad one, her and Ford having gotten into quite the nasty fight this morning. Between the older man and the (h/c) haired girl, he had confronted her about her avoidance of him, corning her in his study for the chat. And she had reacted as a trapped animal, teeth gnashing and claws out. He hadn't expected her to blow up at him like that, the normally calm and kind girl having completely been replaced by a nearly feral person. He had tried to use the gun on her in broad daylight, to try and fix whatever mistake he had made, to erase it from the equation. But she had grabbed it from him before he could pull the trigger and smashed it against the table corner of his nearby desk in response, soon to followed by her once again storming off into the woods outside.