Chapter 5: Is It Possible?

The day finally came where the tattoo parlor opened and everything was set nicely; the flowers that Jeongguk had made were set around the open area of the main parlor and there were a few areas with food and drinks placed around too. The flowers themselves were arranged in a way where they had white roses in a round cardboard base that was the colour black with a red ribbon wrapped around it. It had started in the afternoon so the guests were enjoying their time 

There were many people who had either been invited or decided to come to just see the new tattoo parlour. Yoongi had put out the many sketches he had that were in clear files to let the guests look through, in case they ever wanted to get a tattoo done by him. 

Taehyung was sitting in the corner by one of the many bouquets that were placed. He watched as people walked around or even stood where they were as they talked. A few were pointing at designs and talking with Yoongi about times they could come and get something down. 

Taehyung would nod if someone waved at him and tried to smile, but he couldn't. He couldn't see his mate, and that made him sad. His eyes were shifting around the room, and he couldn't see the younger male. He pouted and sighed before looking down at his phone to check the time and notifications. 

Then there was a tap on the table in front of him, making him look up and he locked eyes with his mate. Taehyung gave him a smile as the omega waved at him slightly. 

"Hey, Taehyung-ssi.. is everything okay? You're alone over here, and I was concerned, " Jeongguk asked as he sat on the chair next to the alpha.

Taehyung nodded with a smile. Of course he was. Now that Jeongguk was here, he was okay. He was happy. 

"Good, good.." Jeongguk sighed as he looked around. "I hope everyone liked the flower set up.. I stayed up a few extra hours to get them right. " He giggled. 

Taehyung's eyes widened, and he leant to grab the other's hand. Jeongguk looked at their hands and looked at the alpha, only to see the concerned look written on his features. 

"No, no, don't worry, it's okay," Jeongguk smiled. "It's why I was late here today, I slept in.." He sheepishly admitted.

Taehyung frowned but sighed and let it be for now. He made a mental note to make sure his mate sleeps better in the future when he's there. 

"Don't frown.. I'll take better care of myself, I promise, it's just.." Jeongguk bit his lip. "..I wanted them to be perfect." He looked away again.

Taehyung wanted to tell him that it wouldn't have mattered if they were perfect or not. He didn't want the other to be slept deprived all because of tiny things that he should dwell over. It hurt his heart that he couldn't say this to his mate. The words were stuck in his throat; just bubbling to come out. But his eyebrows furrowed sadly, and he squeezed the other's hand a little tighter. 

"Taehyung-ssi..?" Jeongguk questioned as he looked back to the alpha. 

Taehyung shook his head and waved his free hand to tell the other not to worry. 

"Okay.." Jeongguk gave a small smile. 

"Jeongguk-ah." The two looked up and saw Yoongi walking towards them both. 

"Yoongi-ssi, hey," Jeongguk waved with his free hand. 

"What are you two up to?" He asked, looking at the two, but his gaze stayed on Taehyung.

"Just.. talking," Jeongguk answered with a smile. "Yeah, just talking," 

"How is he replying to you?" Yoongi asked, but then his eyes shifted to their hands. "Ah.. nevermind"