Chapter 32: Rose Petals.

It had been a couple of days since the event and the day they talked. Taehyung had been hesitant to actually ask the omega to scent him, but he knew he should actually go and ask if the omega could. He was also busy with clients they had scheduled, so he had time to think about how he'd ask his mate.

Though he shouldn't need to worry, it was Jeongguk after all. He shouldn't need to be worried or even hesitant to ask. Jeongguk is understanding of the situation as well, so Taehyung shouldn't be scared. He thought he would be better if he went to Jeongguk's place rather than have the omega come to his place.

It would be the safer place for the omega, and they'd be surrounded in his scent, so it'll be comfortable for Jeongguk to scent him.

As Taehyung approached the door of the omegas flower shop, the sign said it was closed, but he knew it was open for him. He looked around as an old habit he would do to check his surroundings before leaving or even going somewhere. He thought he had left it behind when he got away from his family. Old habits die hard, don't they?

"Taehyungie!" Jeongguk smiled when he looked up and saw his mate walk into his shop and raced around the counter to hug him. "I didn't expect to see you today,"

Taehyung just smiled as he wrapped his arms around his mate, inhaling his rose scent. "I wanted to come and see you.. and you know.."

He glanced over his shoulder to look outside before looking back to Jeongguk, who looked at him curiously.

"Scenting, right?" Jeongguk asked softly as he looked at the other with a soft expression.

"Yeah.." Taehyung nodded. "Just..ugh.. I'm sorry." He sighed as he couldn't help but look over his shoulder.

"Hey, hey..." Jeongguk placed his hand on Taehyung's cheek. "Look at me,"

Taehyung turns his head with the soft push of the omegas hand against his cheek and looks at the other's eyes as he waits for Jeongguk to continue.

"There isn't anyone there, okay?" Jeongguk reassured. "Smell the air, you have a better sense than me, you'll know before me,"

Taehyung did as he was told; He took a breath in of the air and he could only pick up on flowers around the store, the on coming rain that'll start within the hour and roses from his mate right in front of him.

"Nothing?" Jeongguk asked. "No sea salt?"

"No sea salt." Taehyung shook his head. "Just you,"

"Good." Jeongguk smiled as he placed a kiss against the alpha's other cheek before he pulled his hand away. "I also have a question."

"Ask away, baby." Taehyung smiled as he took the omegas hands.

"Why didn't you think of using scent blockers?" Jeongguk asked. "It would've protected you more.."

"Why would I do that when you're allergic?" Taehyung questioned. "I wouldn't be able to hold you, or it'll get on you,"

"But that would be the cream or spray form. What about the pill form?" Jeongguk looked at the other with worry filling his doe eyes.

"I don't want to even risk it. It could be on my lips or even on my breath, and we wouldn't know until you have a reaction.." Taehyung explained. "I'd rather have you scent me, even if scent blockers are safer for me, it wouldn't be good for you,"

Jeongguk looked at Taehyung and knew he was right. They didn't know how the pill version for react with the omega, and so Taehyung didn't want to risk it even the slightest bit.

"Okay.." Jeongguk nodded. He then took a breath and swayed their hands as he thought to himself.

"We should go upstairs now.." He shyly looked at the other. "And..we should get comfortable on my bed and..and-"

"Hush, hush, calm down, petal." Taehyung placed a kiss on Jeongguk's forehead. "First we go upstairs and then we sit on your bed, after then we'll take it slow okay?"

"Okay," Jeongguk nodded. He didn't know why he was so nervous. He'd do what the alpha did to him when Taehyung had scented him, but what else would there be?

They slowly made their way up the stairs to the omegas apartment and through the different areas to the omegas bed. Taehyung walked over to the bed and sat down while Jeongguk hesitantly made his way over to him, but instead of sitting next to him, he sat on Taehyung's lap.

"Okay.." Jeongguk let out a breath. "I'll start now. Please tell me if I do anything wrong or -"

Taehyung placed a softly kiss against the other's lips quickly. "You'll do fine, baby -"

"No, say what you called me before.." Jeongguk muttered.

"Petal?" Taehyung asked. Jeongguk nodded lightly. The alpha chuckled and smiled. "Alright, petal,"

Jeongguk moved closer to the alpha's neck and traced his nose up to where the scent gland would be, which was just under the ear; he rubbed his cheek and his own scent gland against it not before placing kisses against it and placing little kitten licks against the spot. He pulled away to see the alpha's expression melt from the slightly comfortable and loving gaze to a content, relaxed state.

Jeongguk moved to the other side and did the same thing again. He paid just a little closer attention to the feeling of the alpha's hands against his waist and nipped a little on Taehyung's skip like he had done. The alpha had giggled at the feeling of the nips and sighed once the omega had stopped.

Jeongguk took the alpha's hands in his and brought them up to his neck to swipe them against his scent gland areas before he placed more kitten licks against the skin of his pulse.

"Do you need more..?" Jeongguk asked softly as he brought the alpha out of his blissful state. "..or is it enough..?"

"What do you think? Do you need to do more?" Taehyung asked softly, and he blinked his eyes open slowly.

Jeongguk looked at the alpha's eyes before he leant closer to the alpha's body before taking in a breath to smell his scent. The room smelt of fresh rose petals.

"Yeah.. it should be enough.." Jeongguk bit his lip. "I can't smell any vanilla on you, only roses.. like me.." He nodded his head.

"Good job, petal." Taehyung praised the omega whilst placing a kiss on his forehead. "You did so well,"

"Really?" Jeongguk asked, hopeful.

"Of course," Taehyung smiled softly as he held the omega close before he pulled them both back to lay on Jeongguk's bed.

"So was the reason why you didn't bring up the scent blockers at our talk was because you knew it wouldn't be helpful to you..?" Jeongguk asked, wanting to know the reason.

"Well, the reason why I didn't bring it up was because I didn't want you or I to be teased by Jimin about how you scenting me is our only option," Taehyung explained.

"But it wasn't our only option," Jeongguk pointed out. "It was that or... m-mating.."

"Which I know you're not ready for, So for our sake, you scenting me is the better option," Taehyung added softly. "Okay, petal?"

"Okay," Jeongguk nodded. "I understand, and I'm glad you thought it was the better idea than us mating because.. yes, it's too far early for us, but it'll happen one day. " He nodded.

"Exactly," Taehyung replied in agreement and placed a kiss upon Jeongguk's nose.

They spent the rest of the afternoon cuddling in the omegas bed until Taehyung had to leave to go back to his place. Jeongguk didn't want him to leave but let him because he needed to close the shop up anyway.

They agreed that Jeongguk would scent him again in a few days to a week or at least until it faded.

Though they didn't sleep peacefully that night. They were on each other's minds, yet they couldn't catch a wink as they both had their worries. Though only one thought was the same; please stay safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!! I hope you guys enjoyed it!!
As I said I had a headache so it was difficult for me to write it but I did my best!

I purple you 💜💜💜💜