Chapter 28: The Invitation.

Taehyung heard from Jimin that they all had been invited to an event in the next week. Actually, the invitation was for Jimin, and the people said to bring friends along, and Jimin decided to tell Yoongi and Taehyung as soon as he got back home. He could barely get the information out as he was jumping around with excitement and mutters of ‘oh my god’ under his breath.

When Jimin had told them that they could come along, Taehyung wondered if he could bring Jeongguk along too but before he could even ask, Jimin had exclaimed to the true blood  that he should bring Jeongguk along. Not even ‘could’, it's a he ‘should’ bring the younger omega along.

Taehyung thought, Why not? He could ask when he goes over that same day to have a look at the younger's tattoo sleeve to see how it was healing.

He made his way downstairs in the form of a jog and out the door to cross the road after making sure there weren't any cars and made his way to Jeongguk's flower shop.

His nose picked up the scent of a few alpha's and omega's in the store as he walked in, and he glanced at the alpha's to make sure they stayed by their own mates. Taehyung looked to his own mate, who was standing behind the countertop, keeping an eye on the customers. He looked up when he got a whiff of his mate's vanilla scent.  Jeongguk gave a smile and a small wave before he noticed one of the two couples walk up to pay for a bouquet.

Taehyung smiled softly as he watched the other smile and nodded with the couple. He walked the tiger lillies off to the side and realised they looked a little droopy. He furrowed his eyebrows and pouted a little. The alpha turned to look at the omega who was working and saw the couple leaving.

Jeongguk hummed as he noticed the saddened look on Taehyung's face and tilted his head slightly. Before his eyes shifted to the tiger lillies and made an ‘oh’ expression with his eyes widened. He quickly rushed over to see what was wrong.

“Oh..” Jeongguk muttered sadly. “They're drooping.. they were my favourite ones too..” Taehyung gave the omega a confused look as if saying ‘why are they..?’

Jeongguk sighed and picked up a spare bottle from the side and misted the petals softly just for the time being. “They might be in the wrong spot, I'll shift them after I help the other customers”

Taehyung nodded and watched as the water droplets dripped from each petal every few seconds. He turned to watch the omega walk back to the counter and rest against his elbows, looking over a notebook that lay open upon the desk.

The alpha stepped forward to see what was on the desk but stopped to get the other couple to finish up their payment and walk away with their flowers in a smaller bouquet. Once they left the shop, Taehyung stepped forward.

“What brings you around, Hyungie?” Jeongguk asked softly. “Not that I'm against you being here, I'm just curious”

“I just wanted to come and check on your sleeve to see if it's healing properly” Taehyung shifted in his place. “..And to ask if you wanted to join us at an event Jimin was invited to, which in turn, he invited us to..” He asked with a nervous tone in his voice.

“Oh? An event??” Jeongguk asked, his eyes fluttering in shock. “What type of event?”

“Jimin didn't say, but it'll probably be fancy,” Taehyung shrugged. “You don't have to come if you don't want to, it's okay, we can stay here and do something else”

“No, no, I want to come” Jeongguk nodded his head with a smile. “But I'm not too sure if I have anything fancy..I'll have to have a look in the dresser..” He started to mutter near the end.

“We can get you something. It won't be until next week,” Taehyung suggested. “And price doesn't matter, okay?”

Jeongguk pouted and looked at his mate. “But I don't want you to waste your money on me”