Chapter 15: Heavy Body and Mind.

Something didn't feel right to Taehyung. He noticed this as soon as he had awoken. It was near the end of Jeongguk's heat, and he was still sleeping in the same bed as the omega. It wasn't any noise that had woken Taehyung up; it was the other's scent. It wasn't sweet. It was definitely sour.

It wasn't too sour, but it was enough to set alarm bells off in the alpha's head. He sat up as he looked down at his mate. There was the light of the moon coming in through the window, so it shone on the omegas face. Jeongguk's face was contorted with the same look as if you were in pain from a cold. The omegas scent didn't have that sickly scent in it, but it had something else. It had an exhaustion to it. It's probably not as bad as it was in previous years, but it worried Taehyung.

“Baby..” Taehyung whispered to the omega who seemed to be in a deep sleep. “Hey..” The alpha shook the other's shoulder lightly.

He heard the other whine in a heavy way. Which made Taehyung sighed. “Sweetheart..”

Jeongguks eyes fluttered open slowly and heavily. It looked like he'd just fall back asleep even though he was already awake. He looked tired.

“Jeonggukie..? What's wrong? There's something off..” Taehyung asked as he brushed his fingers through the other's hair.

“Hmm..?” Jeongguk hummed before he realized what was wrong. “Oh… no.. I hoped that this wouldn't happen.. at least it's not as bad” He muttered near the end.

“What is it?” Taehyung asked as he looked down at Jeongguk.

“I just feel heavy; my body is heavy, which means I'm tired,” Jeongguk explained as he let out a big sigh. “..remember how I mentioned I feel tired by the end of my heats? It's that.. but eased right now”

“Oh..” Taehyung nodded softly. “I'm sorry, baby, I was worried” He sighed. “Your scent was just sour... It's not as sweet..” He trailed off.

“It's okay, you were worried..” Jeongguk sighed as he felt his eyelids flutter. “I can't move.. and I want to be held..” He pouted.

Taehyung chuckled before he pulled the omega up and had him sit by him. Taehyung pulled the other closer to sit in his lap and lay on his chest. Jeongguk sighed as he nuzzled his nose into Taehyung's neck.

“Better?” Taehyung asked.

“Much, thank you” Jeongguk nodded against the alpha. “I'm sorry, I'm like this…I'm probably not a good mate” He apologized, though he didn't need to at all.

“Don't say that sweetheart” Taehyung shook his head. “It's just.. something that happens, and we can't do anything about it. It's how our bodies react to being in overdrive for multiple days at a time.” The alpha explains softly as he rests his head against Jeongguk's head.

“We just need rest,” He added. “That's all”

“Like how you have easier days during your rut?” Jeongguk asked softly as he took the other's hand that was resting on his thigh. He fiddled with the other's fingers with his own.

“Yes, they may be easier in terms of not having pain, it's just…” Taehyung hummed. “..we need rest days..”

Jeongguk nodded and then sighed. “Namjoon-hyung and Jin-hyung, don't go through this..”

“Don't go through what..?” Taehyung asked.

“The exhaustion.. the heavy body days..” Jeongguk replied. “They..just don't have them..”

“How do you know that?” Taehyung asked as he shivered slightly from the cool night air nipping at his skin. He pulled the omega closer to keep warmth.