Chapter 27: Difficult.

It had been a few days after their picnic date, and Taehyung was worried about how to approach his mate about his thoughts. Of how he felt like a burden about not talking when people talk to the both of them. How it seems unfair because he's meant to be the alpha and the one doing the protecting and talking, not Jeongguk doing all the work.

Taehyung decided he would talk to Jeongguk in the evening. Of course, it was something serious to talk about, but he didn't want Jeongguk to think badly. He needed to be careful with how he would explain it to his mate. He didn't know how. He really didn't.

The bell chimed as he stepped into the omegas flower shop. Taehyung saw the omega finishing up and getting ready to close up shop. The alpha smiled softly at the omegas' actions of humming to himself and swaying around as he moved boxes around.

Jeongguk turned around and smiled as he spotted Taehyung. “Hey Taehyungie!”

“Hey baby..” Taehyung replied as he walked towards Jeongguk. “..can we talk..?”

“Oh?” Jeongguk raised an eyebrow. “..is it about what happened after our last date..?”

“Yeah..it's about that..” Taehyung nodded as he let out a sigh.

“We can talk upstairs where it's more private,” Jeongguk smiled as he finished placing a box and logging out of his computer.

Taehyung only nodded and followed the omega as they made their way upstairs. The alpha bit his lip as he tried to sort out his thoughts to make them into words. He was scared. So scared. Even though he shouldn't be.

Taehyung made his way to the omegas bed and sat down. He looked up and watched as Jeongguk walked over to the bed and sat next to him. Taehyung took a breath and looked down at his hands before he started.

“What I wanted to talk about was…how.. Do you remember after our date, with that woman and how she said that I should've been the one doing the talking and how you shouldn't have stepped in..”  Taehyung looked at Jeongguk and saw him nod with a confused expression on his face.

“Well.. what she said got to me..about not doing the talking as it should be the alpha's job and they should be the ones doing the protecting and..and..” Taehyung let out a staggered breath. “It feels like I'm a burden to you.. you shouldn't have gotten me as a mate as I can't do what other alpha's do-”

“Taehyung” Jeongguk interjected. “I don't care about what other people think about us; about you.” He took a breath. “Don't ever think that you're a burden to me just because you aren't like normal alpha's, because you aren't, remember, you're different” He smiled softly before he frowned.

“And don't you ever think I shouldn't have gotten you as my mate” He stood up to stand in front of Taehyung. “You're perfect for me. You're all I've ever wanted, I didn't want some alpha who would probably cheat - you remember why..” Jeongguk took the other's hands.

“And…Oh My Luna..Taehyung..I wouldn't want anyone else other than you, I love you” Jeongguk smiled at him before he moved to sit in Taehyung's lap to hug him. “It doesn't matter if you can't speak for me; I speak for you, okay?”

“Okay” Taehyung sighed out as he nodded and buried his head into the omegas neck. “..okay”

“As we've said, we aren't the typical, normal alpha and omega couple” Jeongguk giggled.

“That's true..” Taehyung chuckled. “Luna..why was I so worried about talking to you about this..”

“You shouldn't have been worried, Taehyungie..” Jeongguk shook his head before he placed a kiss on Taehyung's forehead, earning a kiss to his own cheek from the alpha.