Chapter 18: Scenting and Staying The Night.

Taehyung had stayed the rest of the day with the omega and watched as Jeongguk moved around his shop; the way he moved looked as if he was dancing around the space, he was even humming a little tune as he went.

It was something that Taehyung loved, and it was the first time he saw it too. He would never get used to it, too. How the omega swayed and lovingly looked after all the flowers; he even whispered to a few of them and tapped the underside of the petals as if to help the flowers grow tall.

Jeongguk caught the alpha's glaze and gave a shy smile to his mate. He had walked back to the counter and got to work on orders that were brought online and needed in the next couple of days. The ones that were needed later, he would keep waiting till the day before, but the more urgent ones he'd get to work on right away.

Taehyung would approach his mate and ask if he needed help, which Jeongguk would nod and direct the alpha to which flowers he needed.

This is how the day went. Taehyung helped his mate by getting the flowers he needed and bringing them back to the omega. He would also try his hand in flirting by making puns with each of the flower's names. Which caused Jeongguk to giggle at the other's antics.

Though Taehyung wouldn't speak if there were customers around. He would whisper into the omegas ear, and Jeongguk would reply back softly between talking to his customers.

As it drew closer to closing time for the shop, there were only the two of them, as customers don't show up close to closing. So Jeongguk walked to the front and looked out the window for anyone walking by before moving the open sign to close.

“Are we done now?” Taehyung asked softly as he shifted the boxed bouquet over.

“Yeah, there aren't any customers during the evening” Jeongguk nodded as he walked back to his mate. “And, I thought it may be best to close up early too”

“Alright” Taehyung chuckled. “Are you hungry?” He asked as he pushed himself up from leaning on the counter.

“Uh..” Jeongguk thought to himself for a second. “Not really” He hummed.

“That's okay,” Taehyung nodded. “Do you wanna eat after I scent you?”

Jeongguk's eyes fluttered as he took in the question. They had talked about it in the morning, and he wasn't expecting the alpha to do it that night. 

“What? Tonight?” Jeongguk questioned.

“Yeah, if you want,” Taehyung nodded. “I'll scent you, and if you want me to, I can stay the night”

“...” Jeongguk muttered something under his breath in shyness.

“What was that..?” Taehyung teased as he stepped closer to the omega. “You'll need to speak up, baby” He gave a teasing smile.

“Please,” Jeongguk nodded. “P-please do, stay, I mean, and scent, of course” He clarified with blush manifesting on his cheeks.

“Of course,” Taehyung smiled before he took the other's hand and walked them both to the stairs at the back of the shop.

“Hyungie..?” Jeongguk started. He heard the other hum as he turned his head slightly to listen to the omega. “Do you want to make a nest again?, or not this time..?”

“Uh..” This made Taehyung stop in his tracks as they were near the top of the stairs. “..I don't know.. “

“We don't have to” Jeongguk reassured “I can make one this time if you'd like” He added as an alternative option.

“Could you..?” Taehyung turned to face his mate. “I want to see if there is anything different I can do..”

“Your nest was perfect last time Taehyungie” Jeongguk reassured again. “There isn't anything that needs to be changed..”